My Birdies :)

cichlidmommy

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
bubba.jpg

This is my baby, Bubba. He is a Nanday Conure. He will be 4 years old in September. I rescued Bubba from death. I was at this pet store one day, and I noticed this cage with 3 Nandays in it. I was really interested because they were so cute. I spoke with the pet store owner, and she explained to me that they were not for sale becasue they were "defective". She told me she would send the birds back to the breeder, and he would destroy them. The breeder was not very good about removing the babies when it was time. Bubba's mom sat on him too long, and caused his feet to become deformed(you can see his feet in the picture). He also did not feed his birds a good diet, and Bubba has bone deformities on both wings.

I really wanted him after she told me this story. She said she would give him to me for $40.00, which is a lot less than what he would be worth if he was perfect. I would have paid a million for him. So, I took him home. I wish I could have taken them all home, but that would have been too much for me. Nandays are classified as one of the noisiest of the Conure family.

He has been to the vet, and everything is fine. he is a little smaller than he should be, but the vet says he should live a happy life. He is spoiled rotten, and he is always with me. We have a wonderful bond, that can never be broken.

jojo.jpg

This is JoJo. He is a Green Cheeked Conure. I got him when he was 3 months old. He is a year old. He is the complete opposite of Bubba. Very outgoing and playful. He is very quiet, except when the two of them are having "noise contests". JoJo loves to hang upside down, and lay on his back while he plays wiht his toys.

The two of them don't get along just yet. JoJo chases Bubba, and Bubba runs.

They get snacks and treats all the time, and more toys than they can play with. Bubba takes a shower with me every night. He loves the water, and sits on a specially made perch so he can look out the window and get wet. JoJo prefers his water dish to the tub.

They are pleased to meet all of you :lol:

What special little guys! Bubbas feet just make him more special. They are very lucky to have a caretaker like you. :wub:

That is such an awesome story! I am glad you could rescue him! I had a lovebird for about 2 years her name was sammy and I raised her from a baby, unfortunately we had a housefire and she died. i want to get a new birdie, but my husband says we have enough pets. :sad:

I had a mealy rosella but he died, he had lice when I got him and they sucked him dry of blood. Took him to the vets because I thought he was a bit quiet and they gave him a clean bill of health (apparently lice are hard to spot - well me and the vet missed them). Three days later he died. The pet shop has said I can pick a new one when the new baych come in (due tomorrow) and come and visit it while its in quarantine for three weeks. Can't wait! Birdy number one was called Zippy (because he was rainbow colours) and bird number two is going to be called Tui (as in two - ee). Wish me luck with this one...

leanne said:
I had a mealy rosella but he died, he had lice when I got him and they sucked him dry of blood. Took him to the vets because I thought he was a bit quiet and they gave him a clean bill of health (apparently lice are hard to spot - well me and the vet missed them). Three days later he died. The pet shop has said I can pick a new one when the new baych come in (due tomorrow) and come and visit it while its in quarantine for three weeks. Can't wait! Birdy number one was called Zippy (because he was rainbow colours) and bird number two is going to be called Tui (as in two - ee). Wish me luck with this one...
Such a sad story. I hope things go much better with Tui.

There is a local lady I know that has opened her entire home and backyard to neglected and unwanted birds. She has some of the most amazing birds, that have had such hard lives. Many are feather pluckers, and some have been nearly starved to death. Bird are such wonderful creatures.

I would love to see some pics of Tui :)

Most reactions

Back