My Aquarium

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

THAT BOGWOOD IS FLYING AMAZING! (Now, you didn't think i'd swear did you? :shifty: )
I love your slate cave aswell, how is it made? Also, your plants look LUSH! I also like your choice of stocking!
When I grow up (if I ever do), I want a tank just like yours! :p

Neal

The bogwood was purchased from a fish auction for a fiver (pre soaked) one hell of a bargain as it has a cave right through the centre and many arches and crany's. The mopanni also has a huge cave right through its about 18" and scales the tank front to back with many exits and entrances, the bottom feeders love investigating it, as for the slate (purchased from dobbies garden department £4.99 for as much as you could carry lol) so with use from a hammer and bolster i went to work it enters the substrate and goes down around 5-6" home to both clowns (used to belong to the shrimp but they got kicked lol).

The stocking has worked great with no signs of aggression at all, yes we have the odd knock from one of the gourami (male pearl of all species) but its just a kinda "im the boss dont forget it thing" all was going fantastic until the two clowns purchased from pets at home developed signs of whitespot 24hrs after they were added, i still think the one where the spots were apparent wont make a full recovery as he keeps rolling onto his side and remains there until knocked by my net or another fish. Twice ive tried to pick him out thinking he was dead but each time he wonders off as if nothing is wrong.

Im still researching other species as to not over stock or cause a conflict in the tank but i may just settle for a couple panda corry as the missus loves them (ohh and forgeot about the ballon ram that desperatley needs company in the quarentine tank) honestly thought it would have passed away after the state it was in when we found it, but its now eating and free swimming with all its fins healing quite quick.

Nice tank.

You username caught my attention more than the thread title. :)

I assume your using a Canon EOS 350D? I'm getting one soon, just the body though. The supplied 18-55mm lens isn't great I've heard. What are you using?

How old is the tank, it looks very new? Is it the standard Juwel lighting, any reflectors?

The tank was purchased second hand and once dried off revealed signs of scratches so alot of sweat and some Cerium Oxide, couple hours later revealed new looking glass i also took the pleasure of ripping out the juwel filter as it takes up a huge section of the tank. The tubes have been replaced so arnt the standard juwel items and i have purchased the clip on juwel reflectors.

The canon 350d is a great camera but i would opt away from the kit lens (unless you have nothing else) it does the job but once you buy others it will soon be redundant , check this thread out about half way down:

http://www.fishforums.net/index.php?showtopic=164497

I mentioned to cheffi what lenses i opted for .

:good: i rate the 350D highly but tend to snap away with the cybershot on my phone lol as im a lazy git. :blush:

Great tank close up also, love the bogwood its a really interesting shape, i never find any good wood or rocks(as i keep saying).

lol gonna get some of your riccia tied down to yet more slate and i swear if the ram eats this batch i'll be skinning and filleting it for supper.. No other fish bothers it but the bloody ram, it stands sentry over it and attacks anything that comes close lmao

That corner of your home is so beautiful :drool: . I want that color of paint in my room. :fun: . Also, your tank looks so nice and clean :nod:

Any more pics???

Ian i'll get a few at the weekend (had my camera's and tripods nicked at a wedding shoot) by some scumbag, since got them back but they are currently with police (Idiot tried to sell them 1 mile away in MY local boozer, he's up on 2 counts of aggravated theft "he struck a woman as she tried to stop him" and im up on one count of actual bodily harm as i was in the boozer when he tried to flog them) :S ..

There's enough witnesses to say i only held him until police arrived and that his injuries were from strugling to escape (he's trying to go for a plea, i drop the charges and he will) as if!!!!

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back