My $25 Brackish Tank

Mr. Limpet

New Member
Joined
Nov 28, 2011
Messages
3
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Being in a college dorm means I am limited to a ten gallon tank. To sidestep this I have my brackish tank discretely housed in a 30 Gallon plastic container. The container I used for the tank was $15 bucks and the one I used for the sump was $10. I also picked up a "broken" canister filter for 50 cents at a garage sale. I have had the tank running since the end of October. The stock includes: 1 Moray (Gymnothorax tile), 6 black mangrove trees, some macroalgae, 6 mussels, 10 or so Aiptasia anemones, a and a sargassum shrimp. All of this will go into the 55 gallon I have at my parents house when I move off campus next semester but for now things are going smoothly.
 

Attachments

  • sump.webp
    sump.webp
    12 KB · Views: 186
  • Moray Share3.webp
    Moray Share3.webp
    16.4 KB · Views: 155
  • IMG_0949.webp
    IMG_0949.webp
    9.7 KB · Views: 118
I really like this! You seem to have thought things through and found a workable short-term fix that ensures you stay within budget while also keeping your livestock healthy. If you get a chance, you might want to write to Marco Lichtenberger over at WetWebMedia for his thoughts. He's the moray eel guru in my world, and I'm sure he'd be interested.

Cheers, Neale
 

Most reactions

Back
Top