Mouth Rot In Zebra Danios

• Thread starter Deleted member 55926
  • Start date

🐠 May TOTM Voting is Live! 🐠
FishForums.net Tank of the Month!
🏆 Click here to Vote! 🏆

D

Deleted member 55926

I got 6 zebra danios, which I think came with some diseases from the LFS.

One of them died very quickly, and then another developed a white sort of growth on his mouth. I dosed some mouth rot medicine, and eventually the white stuff disappeared but unfortunately seemed to have eroded the fish's lips. He was left with a sort of flat front to his face, with just a tiny hole in the middle - looking as though he was permanently in a state of surprise :eek:

However, after a few days it was evident that it would be difficult for him to feed, but he still had a good go and would eventually manage to sort of suck something in through his mouth hole and keep it in after a few tries. A few more days though, and he began to swim with his tail dropped at a 45 degree angle, and spent time hanging around the top of the tank, limply paddling around. He died today - I put him out of his misery.

One of the other danios has a very tiny spot of white on his bottom lip but it's been there for a good 12 - 14 days and doesn't seem to have grown, even a week after the medicine is supposed to have cleared.

I just want to check that this is indeed mouth rot, and if anybody has any advice on this. I have another danio with only one eye, but I'm not sure if he was already like this when I got him. He seems fine, as well as the other with something on his lip.

Most reactions

Back