Mopani Wood

kingmed

Fish Crazy
Joined
Jul 12, 2007
Messages
205
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Location
Bloomsburg pa
I bought some of this Saturday and it's been soaking outside ever since, I empty the container at least every day and it's still leaking tannis. I know it can take a long time for the discoloration to stop and I kind of like the look in the tank, a question is should I boil the wood before adding to the tanks or will it be O.K. to add without boiling. I figure as much as they've been soaking that they should be clean enough to go into the fish tanks. If I'm not mistaken I think my PH is on the slight high side not extreme but a little so I'm thinking this might help that out a little also. Also one of the pieces floats, I was thinking about using the largest piece I have to hold it down in the 55 gallon, will it eventually get water logged and stay down on it's own or will I always have to keep it held down.
 
I'd boil the kettle and just pour some water over it. better to be safe then sorry! :good:
 

Most reactions

Back
Top