mollies

toni99

Reaction score
I did have 3 females but they all died a while ago my 2 males r not picking on each other but is it a good idea to leave them together

I have a 4 foot tank and I have a 3 foot tank they are both set up. In the 4 foot tank I have: 1 golden sucker
2 albeno catfish
1 kissing pink
2 male mollies
3 blue neons
1 green neon
2 diamond tetras
3 black widows
1 lace gourami
3 male guppies
1 female guppy
1 golden tiger barb
2 tropical eels
23 baby guppies (in a breed net)

In my 3 foot tank I only have 2 angels: 1 black and white
1 gold

I don't know if you need to seperate the molly males, but you do need to get more female guppies. Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but aren't you suppose to have 2-4 females for every one male on guppies??

fuman_chica said:
I don't know if you need to seperate the molly males, but you do need to get more female guppies. Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but aren't you suppose to have 2-4 females for every one male on guppies??
Yeah you are right! you need 2-3 females for every 1 male! :unsure: so go GET SOME NOW!

yeh an average of 3 females 4 every male is the average
for all livebearers
your mollies will do fine

You don't really have to separate your male mollies if they are getting along just fine but,I agree with everyone here,you need to get some girls for your boys.Nobody has mention this but.......Aren't we a bit overcrowding your tank?If you're planning to get some females for your guppies and mollies maybe you need to send some of your tetras to visit your angels in the other tank.And when you mention a 4ft tank you mean a 55 gall.fish tank?

toni99 said:
I did have 3 females but they all died a while ago my 2 males r not picking on each other but is it a good idea to leave them together

I have a 4 foot tank and I have a 3 foot tank they are both set up. In the 4 foot tank I have: 1 golden sucker
2 albeno catfish
1 kissing pink
2 male mollies
3 blue neons
1 green neon
2 diamond tetras
3 black widows
1 lace gourami
3 male guppies
1 female guppy
1 golden tiger barb
2 tropical eels
23 baby guppies (in a breed net)

In my 3 foot tank I only have 2 angels: 1 black and white
1 gold
Ye i also agree with everyone else you really need some more female guppies for your tank because there is only 1 female to 3 male guppies and this could stress the female out and could kill her or she may get a disease and with your mallies i think it would be a good idea to either got 4 female mollies or get rid of a male and 2 females because other wise they will start fighting.

Everyone's missing the obvious answer - set up another tank! You could have a 3ft livebearer tank to house all your mollys and guppies, and it looks great (I have one myself).

Multiple Tank Syndrome is the only answer. I'd start looking in the Freeads paper, if I were you :p

Most reactions

Back