mixing jack dempsey w/ african cichlid

April FOTM Photo Contest Starts Now!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to enter! 🏆

The jack dempsey is still in my son's 29-gallon tank. He decided to keep him. He wants to start a salt water tank and has been doing a lot of research on it (we got him another 29-gallon tank for his 16th b-day which is in 2 weeks). Believe me, I thought about putting that nasty african cichlid in with the jack dempsey :D but I just don't have the heart to do it. The JD would have it for lunch. If it keeps up the aggressiveness, I'll have to put it in another tank by itself. The problem is, we're running out of room to put fish tanks!

CMC said:
The jack dempsey is still in my son's 29-gallon tank. He decided to keep him. He wants to start a salt water tank and has been doing a lot of research on it (we got him another 29-gallon tank for his 16th b-day which is in 2 weeks). Believe me, I thought about putting that nasty african cichlid in with the jack dempsey :D but I just don't have the heart to do it. The JD would have it for lunch. If it keeps up the aggressiveness, I'll have to put it in another tank by itself. The problem is, we're running out of room to put fish tanks!
I know the feeling , we have 8 tanks , my son has 4 in his room 55 30 20 5gals[my oldest son that is] the other 2 boys each have tank 15 10 gal. I have a 70 gal , we have 10 gal quarentine always running . :no: my poor wife :whistle: Oh I'm the maintainance man for all , I don't mind

I know this posting is 13 years old but for anyone who is looking this up in 2017, I have an African cichlid tank and make a bad decision to put a jack Dempsey in there with them. I swear he looks just like the other fish and he's even a little biggerbut somehow they are all ganging up on him and he's basically being eaten alive and I just got him yesterday. So of course I'm taking him straight back to the pet supermarket. As for ph levels you can hook up the bubbles and it raises the ph. The fish actually look so happy swimming thru the bubbles like its fish crack lol

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back