Mini Pigs Are Big Success On Farm

April FOTM Photo Contest Starts Now!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to enter! 🏆

Reaction score
"A Devon fun farm is reaping the rewards of a nine-year breeding programme for miniature pigs.

The pigs, which are about a fifth of the size of ordinary pigs, have been a hit with visitors at Pennywell Farm.

TV celebrity Jonathan Ross bought two of the pint-sized porkers as pets at £150 each and there have even been offers from as far away as Australia";

Full Story;

[URL="http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/7044897.stm?lsm"]http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/7044897.stm?lsm[/URL]

I think having miniture pigs is a good idea, i know many people who would like a pet pig but are put off by the knowledge of how large pigs can get.
I wonder if people will stop eating pig meat as much though if the pet pig thing really thrives, since people don't like getting personal with the idea of eating an animal that they personally know is so intelligent and loveable?

Hmm....

Mmmmm a whole pig per person at BBQs, what a great idea.

I wonder if people will stop eating pig meat as much though if the pet pig thing really thrives, since people don't like getting personal with the idea of eating an animal that they personally know is so intelligent and loveable?

Hmm....

I found that dissecting a fetal pig for a whole quarter in high school was enough to put me off pork. I'm not normally squeamish, but the smell after 9 weeks even with formaldehyde was horrific, not to mention what the poor thing looked like after 16 year olds where finished hacking parts of it. :sick: Not exactly skillful surgeons at that age.

All you have to do is think of nice crispy crackling on roast pork with apple sauce or a whole rack of ribs covered in BBQ sauce and pork becomes delicious again :)

Mmmmm a whole pig per person at BBQs, what a great idea.

Most expensive bit of bacon you'll ever eat though at £150 per pig.
They probably don't taste that great though, with so little meat and fat on the bone, they haven't exactly been bred for their flavour.

Most reactions

trending

Back