mlawson
Excessum ut clementia
I thought I'd do a late journal on my PFK nano, everyone must be getting sick of them now!
Well mine is about 6 weeks old.
Lighting: 11 watt tube making roughly 2wpg.
Substrate: Florabase with silica sand at the front.
Filter: Azoo hang-on filter.
Heater: Elite 100 watt.
CO2: Nutrafin yeast based CO2 system, backed up with Flourish excel.
Fertilisers: Lots of stuff. Seachem Fundamentals and Enhancers range aswell as some dry ferts from Aqua essentials. There are some of ferts too.
Water Chemistry: pH - 7, GH 10 part rainwater. CO2 - 22ppm.
Plants: Hemianthus micranthemoides, Hemianthus callichtroides, Pogostemon helferi.
Inhabitants: 5 Amano shrimp (Long term), 2 guppy fry (Short term, they went into the shrimp bag at my LFS accidentally), 2 very old WCMM's (Short term)
Today I have been experimenting with my picture taking. I took all the equipment out and I've tried 3 different backgrounds.
1st. Blue background:
2nd. Black background. Sorry pictures a bit slanted:
3rd. White background (With lighting behind). Sorry pictures a bit slanted
:
And what it looks like normally:
As you can see I need a bit of help with my camera work, I didn't know how to adjust the settings on the camera because it is my Dads camera, my one broke. I'm also unsure on which background is best.
The tank needs a lot more growth, I want the HM at the back to grow more but most of its only been there for a week and some since yesterday. You can see in this pic, the new HM on the left and the old HM on the right.
I think the growth is good considering there is only 11watt, but the HC is begining to catch up some algae. The Amano shrimp are good algae eaters however.
One thing I want to change are the rocks, these I just ones I collected from my garden. I ordered some mini landscape rocks from AE but the turned out to be too large. I want something similar to them, but simply smaller.
Well, I'm sorry it's yet another PFK cube!
Any advice, opinions and critisism are strongly welcomed.
Cheers,
Mike
Well mine is about 6 weeks old.
Lighting: 11 watt tube making roughly 2wpg.
Substrate: Florabase with silica sand at the front.
Filter: Azoo hang-on filter.
Heater: Elite 100 watt.
CO2: Nutrafin yeast based CO2 system, backed up with Flourish excel.
Fertilisers: Lots of stuff. Seachem Fundamentals and Enhancers range aswell as some dry ferts from Aqua essentials. There are some of ferts too.
Water Chemistry: pH - 7, GH 10 part rainwater. CO2 - 22ppm.
Plants: Hemianthus micranthemoides, Hemianthus callichtroides, Pogostemon helferi.
Inhabitants: 5 Amano shrimp (Long term), 2 guppy fry (Short term, they went into the shrimp bag at my LFS accidentally), 2 very old WCMM's (Short term)
Today I have been experimenting with my picture taking. I took all the equipment out and I've tried 3 different backgrounds.
1st. Blue background:
2nd. Black background. Sorry pictures a bit slanted:
3rd. White background (With lighting behind). Sorry pictures a bit slanted
:
And what it looks like normally:
As you can see I need a bit of help with my camera work, I didn't know how to adjust the settings on the camera because it is my Dads camera, my one broke. I'm also unsure on which background is best.
The tank needs a lot more growth, I want the HM at the back to grow more but most of its only been there for a week and some since yesterday. You can see in this pic, the new HM on the left and the old HM on the right.
I think the growth is good considering there is only 11watt, but the HC is begining to catch up some algae. The Amano shrimp are good algae eaters however.
One thing I want to change are the rocks, these I just ones I collected from my garden. I ordered some mini landscape rocks from AE but the turned out to be too large. I want something similar to them, but simply smaller.
Well, I'm sorry it's yet another PFK cube!
Any advice, opinions and critisism are strongly welcomed.
Cheers,
Mike
..... this is going to make me sound like an idiot, but what's PFK stand for?
Not that the bio orb is the be all and end all of tanks, but a free tank is a free tank.







