Members/mod Of The Month/year?

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

AMS

Fish Addict
Reaction score
I havent been at TFF for too long so please excuse me if this has been done or suggested in the past. I was thinking maybe there could an award given out to a member and moderator monthly/yearly to show our appreciation of their hard work. The criteria could be something along the lines of knowledgeable well written responses, a sense of courtesy in their replies (IE no "Im right your wrong" attitude etc.), moderators doing their moderating job(IE moving threads to the appropriate forum, keeping loud mouths in check [no names please], etc.), and just an all around good member and moderator.

What do you think?

PS- if anyone deserves the member award its nmonks, and steelhealr deserves the moderator award.

These things usually result in a lot of disappointed and jealous/angry results from the "losers" of these favortism polls so I don't think we'll be seeing them around here. I think they were done in the past but no longer.

To many good members and mods to pick from, so it wouldn't work.

To many good members and mods to pick from, so it wouldn't work.

I agree with the above statement, nice idea, but too hard to implement. That being said, however, if you really wanted to reward members or moderators for a job well done, I'm sure anyone of them would be fine with a nice PM from you showing that you appreciate them. That might be easier for everyone involved.

Just my two cents, or pence, or pfenig, or pesos, etc. :lol:

Teelie is right, lots of people would be upset, and the competiton could quickly get out of hand. It'd probably become a popularity contest too.

...and steelhealr deserves the moderator award...
See, that's subjective. You don't really know which mod moves what topics, or does what, since it's mostly behind the scenes. I don't announce on here everytime I PM a member about their behavior, or deal with a report. :p

Also, it depends on what forums you visit. For example, I do a lot in Livebearers, but a non Livebearer person would never know that. Wuv does a lot in Bettas, but someone who doesn't like Bettas wouldn't know, etc. And it's the same for the members. There may be an expert on Cichlids, but a person who keeps only Bettas wouldn't know. You can't get a fair vote from everyone as to who's the "best", since everyone may not follow everyone's posts.

Anyway, to sum it up....I can't see it working.

:blush:

I think the best way to award :hooray: ANYONE here is:

.....to just say thank you...it goes a long way

SH :good:

(you can also pick up their bar tab :drinks: )
(you can feed their fish when they are away :fish:)

(BTW...what Anna said is true...there is so much work done behind the scenes, well, we'd just end up with a lot of 'hanging chads')

True Anna. But when I meant SH deserves the mod of the year that was IMO, probably shouldnt of said it in public though. my bad. Plus like you said a lot of stuff isnt seen, but rather behind the scenes.

You can't get a fair vote from everyone as to who's the "best", since everyone may not follow everyone's posts.
Thats (the "best") exactly what I wasnt trying to base to cirteria on, thats why I listed those guidelines.

Oh well worth suggesting though I guess.

True Anna. But when I meant SH deserves the mod of the year that was IMO, probably shouldnt of said it in public though. my bad. Plus like you said a lot of stuff isnt seen, but rather behind the scenes.
:nod:

Thats (the "best") exactly what I wasnt trying to base to cirteria on, thats why I listed those guidelines.
Right, but as I said...people may have never seen the person, and they wouldn't know what their replies are like. They'd just vote for the people they know have been helpful to them, since that's all they know. An expert in Oddballs may have better worded posts, and more helpful replies then someone in Cichlids, but Cichlid people may not know the difference, since they haven't seen the posts of the Oddballian (Yes, that sounds wrong...I know).

Admin of the year might just work though... :D

Admin of the year might just work though... :D

Wow, great idea!! Do you have any suggestions as to who to nominate? I can't choose between the multiple choices...
1. William
2. William
3. William

I'm personally thinking number 2...but I don't know....:dunno:
jealousy!! eek!!

If you were talking to me, you couldn't be farther from the truth, actually. SH probably is a better all around moderator then me, as is everyone else. I can't even work out all the buttons. :p I'm just listing my reasons as to why it wouldn't be fair to other members or mods and why I don't think it would work.

I vote all TFF mods as mods of the century
and William is the bee knees of admins.

as for members
well the members of this forum are by far the best out there.

If you find a MOD does a good job, or a member is particularly helpful to you, why not take a couple of minutes to send them a quick PM and say thank you? I always do that, and while it might seem like "sucking up" or whatever, manners go a long way.

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back