Meet Aires!

Nevergone815

Fish Herder
Reaction score
I went to the pet store today to get some ghost shrimp and look at their new shipment of bettas. And I ended up buying my first ever lizard. His name is Aires, hes a green anole lizard and he's sooooooo cute. let me know what you think of him! I went a bit picture mad!

basking in the light
Aires010.jpg

Make sure to catch my good side
Aires009.jpg

Are you talking to me?
Aires007.jpg

Do I see a cricket?
Aires006.jpg

I see you!
Aires003.jpg

Here's some Green pictures of him, lol :D :D

Not more pictures
Aires011.jpg

Aren't I a handsome devil?
Aires014.jpg

Don't forget my closeup!
Aires015.jpg

These lizards are quite common in S. FL. I see them all the time in my back yard. Great lizard, a fun pet. :cool:

Cute little guy, they are great lizards! I used to catch them at my grandmother's house all the time as a kid :nod:

its funny that u guys mention catching them lol. i live in NY and have never seen a wild one. hmm... i trust u guys, but why am i so unlucky lol. they probably don't like the cold up here being as they like warm weather around 75-80F and the winters can get pretty brutal. lol so they are probably only in the southern US (like around the gulf of mexico)

Anoles are only found in tropical and subtropical regions :nod:
This site has a graphic illustrating their range in the eastern US:
anocar2.gif

EDIT: I spied some little hatchlings like the one pictured on that site at my house last summer, way too cute :wub:. There are also brown anoles in the area, I've seen them at the deer lease where my dad goes hunting.

Most reactions

Back