Mbuna

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰
If you want to keep mbuna, or any hard water fish, you MUST have kits to test hardness at home (as well as the standard test kits, for pH, ammonia, nitrite and nitrate that all fishkeepers should have).

As you will be having to test the tank water before and after EVERY water change, as well as the water you're mixing for the water changes themselves, it's just not possible to rely on a shop doing your testing for you.

I'll be honest. You are very inexperienced, and don't have a good understanding of hardness, pH or the nitrogen cycle yet.

You would be far, far better off learning the basics with fish that suit the water you have now, before you move on to the more complicated things.

I tbh just needed to understand GH and KH an I was set. Im stepping into saltwater anyways so.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If you want to keep mbuna, or any hard water fish, you MUST have kits to test hardness at home (as well as the standard test kits, for pH, ammonia, nitrite and nitrate that all fishkeepers should have).

As you will be having to test the tank water before and after EVERY water change, as well as the water you're mixing for the water changes themselves, it's just not possible to rely on a shop doing your testing for you.

I'll be honest. You are very inexperienced, and don't have a good understanding of hardness, pH or the nitrogen cycle yet.

You would be far, far better off learning the basics with fish that suit the water you have now, before you move on to the more complicated things.

And yeah Mbuna will come another 2 years from now. FOH NAW

I tbh just needed to understand GH and KH an I was set. Im stepping into saltwater anyways so.

I really, REALLY wouldn't recommend that.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

New member :)

Like some ppl looked at me dumb when I ask a question smh. Then they tell u that u dont understand something when u obvs do. Like why would I keep fish if I didn’t understand the nitrogen cycle. But welcome to the forum!

Like some ppl looked at me dumb when I ask a question smh. Then they tell u that u dont understand something when u obvs do. Like why would I keep fish if I didn’t understand the nitrogen cycle. But welcome to the forum!

That's cool. I was just reading through some of your threads and as I was heavily into reefing until recently, I thought I'd offer a bit of advice.

Absolutely do move onto saltwater, but only once you have a very good handle on freshies. Salt is a whole different ballgame and you need a really solid understanding of basic chemistry to get started successfully.

That's cool. I was just reading through some of your threads and as I was heavily into reefing until recently, I thought I'd offer a bit of advice.

Absolutely do move onto saltwater, but only once you have a very good handle on freshies. Salt is a whole different ballgame and you need a really solid understanding of basic chemistry to get started successfully.

Salt is just-. U just gotta have money. TBH.

Salt is just-. U just gotta have money. TBH.

I was also VERY POPULAR on this forum for my ignorant-argumentative ways. But I’m past that.... kinda.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back