May I Suggest

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Torrean

The Hairy Potter
Reaction score
I noticed that the fish in the banner at the top of tff has changed from martha. May I suggest that the fish of the year competition involving martha that took place last year become a recurring part of tff and that that fish becomes the fish on the banner for the remainder of that year. I miss martha and wish she would be put back on the banner which is what gave me the idea for this. The whole cheating issue would virtually become a non issue since one of the prerequisites for that competition as I recall was that the fish be nominated by someone other than the owner because that fish's story touched them. Any thoughts? MODS, William...

actually sounds like a pretty cool idea to me :good:

Although personally I think it should be more regular- every six months, maybe, and thta once your fish has won, that fish can't win again. Otherwise Martha would win every year ;)

Although personally I think it should be more regular- every six months, maybe, and thta once your fish has won, that fish can't win again. Otherwise Martha would win every year ;)
lol, yeah, it would probably just be martha and one of andys frogfish every year :lol:

I do see one problem with this...ugly fish are loved too. Also we would have to be able to get a really good picture of them...there are problems with this that would need to be worked out. Any mods feel like weighing in at this point?

Only William can change the pictures.

There's a topic somewhere about why there aren't fish competitions anymore.. I understand it's for the banner.. but the banner was just changed.. I don't see why it would be changed again so soon.. :X :X

I know why there aren't OTM competitions anymore. I've read thread after thread on the subject. The main reason was cheating and I can't really see that being an issue with this competition...then again one of the ways people cheated was to make multiple accounts...grr that could be an issue. Oh well I'll just let this die then I suppose.

if you'll recall, the way that Martha became a banner for the site was completely unrelated to the "Fish of the Year" competition.

right after a major upgrade, there was a banner competition in which different members submitted banners designed specifically for the new board layout. of the semi-finalists, 3 or 4 finalists were put into rotation on the site. one of these just happened to have an image of Martha on it.

behold! the solicitation to which i refer: http://www.fishforums.net/index.php?showtopic=100219

I'm all for competitions, but I also understand why mods were sick of dealing with all the drama that came along with the competitions.. I even pmed a mod about running an unofficial competition of my own, but never got a reply.

I too would like to see a new banner though, just because that yellow lab is so scary looking.

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back