Male Guppy Tail Issue...

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

SamLovesCorys

Fish Crazy
Reaction score
Somewhere in the middle of nowhere, Norfolk, UK
My male guppy, which was purchased 2 days ago, is now pretty much missing his whole tail fin :sad: ... At first I thought he was attacked overnight, but there are still these silver lines left behind, and I don't see how fish could have nipped it and left them. Another reason i'm not sure it's other fish is that in a very short period of time (15-20 mins) the last section of intact fin has disappeared, leaving these silver wisps behind, and he is still in the same position as before, in no obvious distress... Water stats are fine, so I don't think it's 'normal' fin rot, and all other fish are behaving normally. Since i've got him he's been less active than the other (female) guppy introduced at the same point, hanging near the surface, but he can move downwards and around, he just usually returns to the surface soon after.

What's up?

Sam :good:

This happened to me with one of my females
I placed hr into a smaller tank of her own with a very gentle water flow
fed her with live an frozen foods, and kept the water clean
changing 25% everyday
and she eventually got a tail back
though it took a while
and when she seemed more active, with just a small part of tail, placed her back with the others
she soon got a full tail again and was swimming around find

a picture would help though

P1150310.jpg

Here it is!

Sorry, not the best picture!

I had this happen to me recently with a male I bought. Unfortunately he died in less than 2 days. Hopefully yours will turn out better.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back