Male Guppies Attacking Female Platty

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰
Because theyre trying to mate with her. How big is your tank? You'll need to add a couple more female livebearers to spread the aggression if you have the room to.

agreeing with fighterfishh, I'd suggest getting the male guppies some females to occupy them. I had the same trouble with male guppies and female platies. They can't interbreed but it doesn't stop the guppies from trying. With the two male guppies I'd suggest getting 3-4 females if you have the room for them. The only other suggestion (if you don't have a large enough tank) would be to ask your lfs to either take back the guppies or the platies.
They will keep harressing and it could kill the platies eventually as they will become too stressed

Because theyre trying to mate with her. How big is your tank? You'll need to add a couple more female livebearers to spread the aggression if you have the room to.
Thanks for your reply, my tank is 4 foot 45 gallons. So you're saying i should add more female platties??

agreeing with fighterfishh, I'd suggest getting the male guppies some females to occupy them. I had the same trouble with male guppies and female platies. They can't interbreed but it doesn't stop the guppies from trying. With the two male guppies I'd suggest getting 3-4 females if you have the room for them. The only other suggestion (if you don't have a large enough tank) would be to ask your lfs to either take back the guppies or the platies.
They will keep harressing and it could kill the platies eventually as they will become too stressed
So i should get 3-4 more female platties or female guppies? I dont want any fry?

If you don't want fry, get female platies. Female guppies will result in fry.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back