Male Gold Twinbar Platy & Male Guppy Sick ? Help?!

shannamarie21

Reaction score
I have a male gold twinbar platy and I have recently noticed that he is starting to shed color throughout his body. It seems as though the only color that he has is his back fins. I just had two guppies die within the last two weeks. One was overly pregnant when we got her from the pet store and she had a few premature babies which #17##### passed away. Eventually she passed due to being so stressed. Then I had another guppy, female as well, pass away. I think the last female that had passed away had swim bladder, but I am not sure. All I know is that once she started to die her bottom would float up. It was really weird because it was like when a human falls asleep and gets startled or the "falling effect" in a human is what I saw with her. She would startle and then she would swim away. Two days before she died I noticed that if you got close to the tank or another fish bumped her she would start swimming around like she was crazy. She eventually hid in some of the boxwood mat that I have down in the bottom of the tank where she died. I have recently bought the Tetra lifeguard all in one treatment and have done the treatment for 5 days. Today being day 6, I have done a 25% water change and will continue to do so for the next three days. Can anyone please tell me what might be going on with my gold twinbar platy? Also, I have a male guppy, I am not sure if he is a blue tux or a neon tux, that seems to be dying too. His caudal fin seems to be 'stuck' together and the same goes for his dorsal fin. I am not sure what I am doing wrong, but I am asking for help. This is my son's first fish tank that I bought him and he has a terminal illness and I bought it as a birthday present because he loves fish. I don't want to make him upset that I keep killing all of his fish if that is what I am doing ! Someone, please help ? Thanks so much!

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back