Malawi And Kribs

daz_st170

New Member
Joined
May 21, 2009
Messages
34
Reaction score
0
Points
0
hi can you mix lake malawi cichlids with kribs, anyone have any expierence of this
:shifty:
 
I don't have experience but from what I've heard you shouldn't mix dwarf cichlids with bigger cichlids, typically it's not good to even mix dwarf cichlids.
 
It depends on so many factors, are you talking about a pair of kribs or just a few random kribs, and what kind of Malawi cichlids?

With mbuna I wouldn't give the kribs much of a chance, IMO even a pair of kribs couldn't handle the aggression of most adult mbuna, not to mention that kribs need "meaty" foods which would give mbuna bloat.

With haps, the kribs would likely have the upper hand (especially a mated pair) until the haps got large enough to eat them, so again, bad idea.

Peacocks on the other hand would likely be abused by the kribs.

Again, too many factors to say for sure, just my opinion, and of course there are always exceptions to the "rule". :shifty:
 
I wouldnt risk it.
If the kribs breed then hmm.. war?
Just my opinion.
I think kribs should be put in a species only tank to be fair.
But thats my opinion.
I wouldnt mix two different ones though.
Malawis with malawis, tangs with tangs, americans with americans etc etc.

YF
 

Most reactions

Back
Top