Lumpy Angel Fish-urgent Help Needed (pic's On Link)

esjlong

New Member
Joined
Sep 23, 2006
Messages
23
Reaction score
0
Points
1
:sad: Hi I wonder if you can help me to determine what is wrong with my angelfish.
I have recently noticed that one of my two angel fish appears to have large lumps on its side, they have so far been there for over 1 month?? I have had the fish for over a year and have not had any previous problems with them. The 'lumpy' fish is still eating, and is still the 1st fish in the tank to go for the food and the bevahiour is still the same ie alert, swimming fine etc.

I have done a water change, added aquarium salt and a bacterial infection treatment but haven't notice a difference. On Tuesday I added treatment for parasites (eg worms) as a last resort but again havent noticed a difference.

Tested the water, which is fine. temp at 28 oc,

Is there anything else I can try or purchase? As I am worried that what ever the illness might effect the rest of my fish in my community tank.

Will try to attach pictures- (having problems due to the size of the image- not enough file space) Pictures can be found- http://s100.photobucket.com/albums/m24/esj...p;addtype=local

Many thanks

Emma (United Kingdom)
 
I've just lost a cherry barb too a tumour, and i tryed bacterial meds for the poor thing but won't cure a tumour, just wanted to make sure first, does the bump go to a point.
 
I've just lost a cherry barb too a tumour, and i tryed bacterial meds for the poor thing but won't cure a tumour, just wanted to make sure first, does the bump go to a point.


:D Quick response. no the lumps dont go to a point?? but seem dark in colour-very strange
 
Take a look here to see what you think.
Not sounding to good if you have already try a bacterial med.
http://www.fishjunkies.com/Disorders/lumps.php


Take a look here to see what you think.
Not sounding to good if you have already try a bacterial med.
http://www.fishjunkies.com/Disorders/lumps.php


Take a look here to see what you think.
Not sounding to good if you have already try a bacterial med.
http://www.fishjunkies.com/Disorders/lumps.php


Thanks- think its a tumor :-(

Take a look here to see what you think.
Not sounding to good if you have already try a bacterial med.
http://www.fishjunkies.com/Disorders/lumps.php


Thanks very much- think its a tumor, but its on both sides :-(
 
So it a swelling on both sides of the fish, has it affected the swim bladder, is the fish able to maintain it balance, its not tipping upside down is it.
That link i gave you, look under medications look at epson salt, as that might help.
 
Use www.photobucket.com to host a pic for you and then copy and paste the bottom tag. Need a pic
 
I had a female angel that developed a lump dead center & quit spawning;

dsc0097519ap.jpg



I tried metronidazole, different gram positive & gram negative antibiotics, as well as a combination of antibiotics & anti protizoals as a last resort. I spent some serious long distance minutes with Fishfarmacy http://www.fishyfarmacy.com/

Someone on an angelfish forum suggested Clout, a product made by Aquarium Products; http://www.bigalsonline.com/BigAlsUS/ctl36...uctsclout10tabs

This seemed to help, but the swelling eventually returned. I re-paired her mate with another female, and added her to a community tank. She is still eating & behaving no differently, I figure her as a retired breeder, who will remain in that tank for the rest of her life. She can see the whole fish room, much of what was paid for by her hard work.

From talking to National Fish Pharmacy, these things can be malignant or benign. A needle aspiration, or actual surgical removal may help, though as with a dog, they often return.
 
Use www.photobucket.com to host a pic for you and then copy and paste the bottom tag. Need a pic


That for the advice- here is the link for the pictures

http://s100.photobucket.com/albums/m24/esj...p;addtype=local ;)

I had a female angel that developed a lump dead center & quit spawning;

dsc0097519ap.jpg



I tried metronidazole, different gram positive & gram negative antibiotics, as well as a combination of antibiotics & anti protizoals as a last resort. I spent some serious long distance minutes with Fishfarmacy http://www.fishyfarmacy.com/

Someone on an angelfish forum suggested Clout, a product made by Aquarium Products; http://www.bigalsonline.com/BigAlsUS/ctl36...uctsclout10tabs

This seemed to help, but the swelling eventually returned. I re-paired her mate with another female, and added her to a community tank. She is still eating & behaving no differently, I figure her as a retired breeder, who will remain in that tank for the rest of her life. She can see the whole fish room, much of what was paid for by her hard work.

From talking to National Fish Pharmacy, these things can be malignant or benign. A needle aspiration, or actual surgical removal may help, though as with a dog, they often return.


Wow lovely fish. Her lump seems quite small in comparision to mine, (just added pictures- http://s100.photobucket.com/albums/m24/esj...;addtype=local)
Opened your link on clout-worth a try, cant find it in the UK, so dont think they sell it :no: :no: , so waiting a response from 'Big Als' to see if they would ship to the uk. Thanks for your help good luck with your fish.
 
Do you feed tubifex? Any new fish added recently?
With the abdomen filling up and the lumps it could either be a sporozoan parasite or tumours. Dropsy can affect the abdomen without the scales standing up and its quite difficult with angels to see dropsied scales. Look at the top of the anal fin and see if you see any scales looking a bit odd.
 
Do you feed tubifex? Any new fish added recently?
With the abdomen filling up and the lumps it could either be a sporozoan parasite or tumours. Dropsy can affect the abdomen without the scales standing up and its quite difficult with angels to see dropsied scales. Look at the top of the anal fin and see if you see any scales looking a bit odd.


No I dont feed tubifex, i feed a mixture of flake, brine shrimp & blood worm (all frozen!)
Dont think it is dropsy as it is swimming fine- not of balance or hanging near the top/bottom of the tank, just acting the same with it Angel buddy.

So it a swelling on both sides of the fish, has it affected the swim bladder, is the fish able to maintain it balance, its not tipping upside down is it.
That link i gave you, look under medications look at epson salt, as that might help.


The fish is swimming fine- no of balance and its not fipping upside down- just acting 'normal'
 

Most reactions

Back
Top