Looking for air pump recommendations

Herpin Man

Fish Crazy
Reaction score
Iā€™m building a series of ā€œnurseriesā€œ for raising newt larva. I need to power about eight small sponge filters, and Iā€™d like to be able to do so without having to run eight pumps. Can anyone recommend a larger pump with multiple ports?
I also want to use as few gang valves as possible. I hate having to fiddle with them all the time.

Iā€™m sure youā€™ve looked already, and would like a recommendation from someone with experience, but there appear to be some inexpensive options available from a certain online retailer that have 4 outputs. Good luck!

**edit**

Iā€™m not sure that having the outputs built into the pump would be best, I know there wonā€™t be valves to fiddle with, but how do you know the outputs will all be equal? I imagine the airline tubing orientation/length will have a significant effect. What I would do is use an 8-way splitter, an put one of those inline valves with a screw-type adjustment on the line near each tank, that way you donā€™t have the confusion that comes with figuring out which valve goes to which tank, and with a screw you can more easily make fine adjustments.

Last edited:
I find I get much better control using these stainless steel quarter turn valves from Amazon. Could never get fine control with the plastic screw ones.

No affiliation

Pssopp 5Pcs Aquarium Air Flow... https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B082SFFC1B/?tag=

Attachments

• 16468602679932214172237067067153.jpg
    16468602679932214172237067067153.jpg
    207.6 KB · Views: 30
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
Iā€™m sure youā€™ve looked already, and would like a recommendation from someone with experience, but there appear to be some inexpensive options available from a certain online retailer that have 4 outputs. Good luck!

I find I get much better control using these stainless steel quarter turn valves from Amazon. Could never get fine control with the plastic screw ones.

No affiliation

Pssopp 5Pcs Aquarium Air Flow... https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B082SFFC1B/?tag=
Those do look good.
Aquarium Coop sells the Ziss valves that they use in their warehouse and store and they've never steered me wrong. I also enjoy all the Ziss products that I've used.

I have one of these, they are great to move large volumes of air, I have had it for around 40 years. It Still goes fine when I fire it up.
1646889412621.png

Most reactions

Back