April FOTM Photo Contest Starts Now!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to enter! 🏆

vanalisa

Fish Aficionado
Tank of the Month 🏆
Reaction score
Will this guy go with anything?
He's in 5g alone. Any thoughts on whether or not he will get on with the others in my 20g, if it ever cycles.

20200616_185113.jpg

It would be:
20g
Live plants
2 Amanos
6 White cloud
4 Celestial Pearl

I am hoping to add a few more white clouds if they turn up, or several CPDs if the come up and look healthy.

Will he ge along? Does he need more hippy friends? Do I keep the 5g for him and a couple friends? How is the best way to do it so the guppies don't gang up? 2 more? 3 more?
I love him he just lost his best friend.
20200616_185113.jpg
20200529_202520.jpg

That would be perfect for my 5g.
But the problem is twofold

1. Will he be ok in a community tank, which I described in my post? I mean can one guppy be happy without other guppies?
I am trying to reduce the number of tanks I currently have.

2. If it won't go in a community tank and decide to keep 3 in a 5g, I guess it's just luck whether or not they get along?

I have seen a guppy try to school with celestial pearls before but I think you should get 2 more gups

Last edited:
Well I added the 4 CPDs into the 20g with the one guppy. I have not noticed any aggression. So far so good.

I would like to get 2 more Male guppies

I have 6 minnows to go in, and 6 rainbow furcatus, and 2 Amano.
Any suggestions about what to add next?

The Danios have been in with the minnows for 9 months, so I know there will be no problem with them.

What do you think about the rainbows?

Well, things are a mess.
I decided to move all my tanks out of the kitchen and into my house (long story).
So the tanks are at various stages of operation and there are other complicating factors.

(Empty cycled 6g
Empty cycled 5g)

10g with 2 Amano and 6 minnows, just today moved CPDs into 20g with guppy
6g with 6 rainbows
20g with one guppy and 2 CPDs
2 additional guppies, still at store

Well, things are a mess.
I decided to move all my tanks out of the kitchen and into my house (long story).
So the tanks are at various stages of operation and there are other complicating factors.

(Empty cycled 6g
Empty cycled 5g)

10g with 2 Amano and 6 minnows, just today moved CPDs into 20g with guppy
6g with 6 rainbows
20g with one guppy and 2 CPDs
2 additional guppies, still at store
What you could do, to downsize. The guppies, danios, and minnows in the 20 gallon. The rainbows and shrimp in the 10 gallon, bc 6 is a bit small.

What you could do, to downsize. The guppies, danios, and minnows in the 20 gallon. The rainbows and shrimp in the 10 gallon, bc 6 is a bit small.
Bear with me...

My original plans fell through. I had 9 rainbows across 2 tanks, 6 (2f 4m) established in one 6g, 3 (1f 2m) in 5gQT.
Thought the 20g would cycle sooner so I had put all 9 together (after the 3 got out of QT) in the 6g. I thought it would be for less than a week....I lost 1 male and 1 female after about 2 weeks. Lost one more male.
(Lost the 3 fry, too. I'm miserable)
All 9 of the rainbows were to go into my 10g.

The 10g was full of the 6minnows, 4 CPDs, 2 Amano. Cramped, but a healthy tank, 2 x week or more waterchange. (TOTM)

I lost my Koi betta RIP a few weeks ago

I got 2 guppies because they were cute to go into the empty koi tank. I figured I would put them in the 20g eventually (One died mysteriously).

That's when I moved all tanks but the 10g...into my place and out of the community space. I also had a red racer Nerite and a Zebra Nerite dissappear.

I also moved a Puffer tank and a shrimp tank.

Can the
6 minnows
6 rainbows
4 CPDs
2 Amano
1 guppy + 2 more
ALL go in to the 20g?

The rainbows were always meant for the 10g, it's just that now there are only 6, one poor Male, 5 female. I hate myself for crowding them.

I'm still not sure if the 20 is cycled, but the minnows and Danios were thriving in water with the same readings and I think it's been almost 6 weeks, so I moved the guppy in 2 days ago and the 4 CPDs today.

I'm a nervous wreck, there are tanks everywhere. I lost those 3 rainbow fry and I'm just overwhelmed.

Last edited:
Also, I lost my sweet baby boy Mr. Luna this week. He was 3. I haven't even been able to post about it. I loved him dearly. He was comfortable, and for that I am grateful .
RIP Looney Tooney

Maybe since the minnows aren't too much bigger the guppy will be fine on it's own with them and the CPDs, I won't get 2 more guppies and then I won't be over stocking the 20g. ? Help.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back