London Aquarium

Craster

Fish Crazy
Joined
Mar 28, 2008
Messages
244
Reaction score
0
Points
16
Went to the London Aquarium on Saturday. I've been before, but they've been advertising a refurbishment after a recent takeover. I have to say I was far from impressed:

1) Massive algae problems in a lot of the tanks
2) Loads of fish in tanks with no labels saying what they are
3) Hundreds of Lake Malawi Cichlids - in a mangrove biotope!
4) An Amazonian biotope with Kribs in.
5) Mislabelled fish - Bolivian Rams labelled as 'Dwarf Cichlids' under a picture of Blue Rams, amongst many others.

The new refurbishment appears to be a glass-floored walkway over a shark tank. Interesting, but hardly worth closing the place for a month for.

Sorely disappointed, I must say.
 
Went to the London Aquarium on Saturday. I've been before, but they've been advertising a refurbishment after a recent takeover. I have to say I was far from impressed:

1) Massive algae problems in a lot of the tanks
2) Loads of fish in tanks with no labels saying what they are
3) Hundreds of Lake Malawi Cichlids - in a mangrove biotope!
4) An Amazonian biotope with Kribs in.
5) Mislabelled fish - Bolivian Rams labelled as 'Dwarf Cichlids' under a picture of Blue Rams, amongst many others.

The new refurbishment appears to be a glass-floored walkway over a shark tank. Interesting, but hardly worth closing the place for a month for.

Sorely disappointed, I must say.
when you set up a new tank do yo get teething problems? of course you do.
 
95% of what's in there are the same tanks and livestock as what was there before they 'refurbished' it. No changes whatsoever. Those are the ones with the problems, indicating a total lack of maintenance while it has been closed.

Also, I neither do it for a living nor charge thousands of people every day £17 each to have a look.
 
i went just before christmas and it was great, they did have a few things closed for refurbs then :( i found it highly overpiced tbh
 
Overall I'm not knocking the place, it's great to have it there and it's a fantastic size with a great selection of fish. What I'm complaining about is that the month of refurbishment seems to be entirely to the detriment of the bit that actually matters - the fish and their care.
 

Most reactions

Back
Top