Reaction score
does anyone else lomo?
my lomo photos are here: http://www.lomohomes.com/catx
don't have much there yet though.

my camera collection currently consists of:
Holga (medium format)
Holga (35mm)
Actionsampler (4 lense 35mm)
Coloursplash (35mm, valentines special...awww! well trained boy hehe)
Disposable Lomolito (35mm, yellow flash)

anyone else a lomo addict?
if not? why not?! if you like photography - http://www.lomography.com

there are 10 rules of lomography.

1. take your camera everywhere you go
2. use it anytime, day and night
3. lomography is not an interference in your life, it's a part of it
4. try to shoot from the hip
5. approach the objects of your lomographic desire as close as possible
6. don't think
7. be fast
8. you don't have to know beforehand what you captured on film
9. afterwards either
10. don't worry about any rules

lomography was born out of old russian film cameras that had light leaks, old defunct lense designs, and cheap plastic cases. they created warm, colourful, fuzzy pictures full of much more life than any digital camera could ever recreate.

and best of all, it doesn't matter if it's in focus, if you've missed half of someones head, has a light leak right down the middle, someone in lomographic community will love it like it's their own.

my lomohome (link above) has some photos, but if you click around the site other people's are much better! and you can really make some good friends in film processing places, they're usually bored to death of processing digital shots

it's addictive, like fish are, everyone should do it!

my lomo starfish:
UL_818445_11366345551_l.jpg

and best of all, it doesn't matter if it's in focus, if you've missed half of someones head, has a light leak right down the middle, someone in lomographic community will love it like it's their own.

oh... :look: sounds like ive been doing it for years.

Squid

heeheehee, now just get yourself a proper lomo camera. i got my medium format one for £12. and my holga 35mm for £14. cheap and cheerful!

I think I'm right when I say this... lomography is pretty much just taking pictures with a Lomo camera. See here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lomography

catxx, a long time ago, I wanted a couple of Lomo cameras (especially a sampler cameras). Because I really like the thought of time delayed multiple pictures, which is the same as action mode of any camera, just the Lomos put them all in one frame. Seemed kinda gimmicky though and I became more of a traditionalist photographer. Besides being in the US, Lomos weren't really readily available. I could have ordered one, but I just went into general digital photography. But I almost always have a camera with me and take pictures pretty much anywhere I go. So I guess I have a little of the Lomography spirit.

hehe yeah there are a lot of the multi-lense cameras now, i have a 4 lense landscape one, you can a portrait version one, and a x8 lense one, and a split cam as well (which is quite funky, i want one of those)

i do digital as well, but not as much as i used to.

I take my camera with me to most places where I'm allowed and it won't get damaged...most of those rules apply to me, except I'm a perfectionist so I don't think it's really my thing...

As said by SirM, it's still interesting...

wooo i added more photos to my lomo account!
i love lomo *hugs*

i'll post the pics in the non-fishy photographs forum :)

but here's one:

UL_818445_11504660911_x.jpg

London Eye with Lomolito (Disposable) Colourflash Camera.

are lomo cameras easy to find? im into photography and it sounds really cool

yep! easy peasy! i found my lomolito in urban outfitters! or online you can buy a HUGE range www.lomography.com or even ebay. i've got mine mostly from ebay or as presents. lomo.com doesn't take my card otherwise i'd be broke but have lots of fancy cameras!

I've been considering a holga for a while, I might get around to it!
Kinda want a Mamiya 6x6, but, a holga might be a more affordable start into MF. :D

Most reactions

trending

Back