Lljdma06's Nano; Scape #2 8/09 - 3/10

🐠 May TOTM Voting is Live! 🐠
FishForums.net Tank of the Month!
🏆 Click here to Vote! 🏆

may 31st.

im going to hack the stesm this weekend and mow the acicularis. (provided my catfish stops uprooting it) :hyper:

may 31st.

im going to hack the stesm this weekend and mow the acicularis. (provided my catfish stops uprooting it) :hyper:

You're going to have to discipline that catfish!

i have, shes been removed! :lol:

i put her in a small holding tank (120L) that currently has some gold barbs corries and SAE's in it.
after the trim of the acicularis the plec would have a field day uprooting !
i wish it was filling out faster. but thats an inert substrate for you. all part of the challenge.

i have, shes been removed! :lol:

i put her in a small holding tank (120L) that currently has some gold barbs corries and SAE's in it.
after the trim of the acicularis the plec would have a field day uprooting !
i wish it was filling out faster. but thats an inert substrate for you. all part of the challenge.

Why not stick a root tab near the bare HC spots. I would do that with my HM in my old Dutch. Granted they absorb most of the stuff through the leaves, but the tab does eventually disolve and leaks into the water column. You could break up or pulvarize a tab so it disolves faster and scatter it about the HC? HC often has trouble competing with larger plants for nutrients. It is a teeny little thing.

llj

very nice llj, :good:
I would of liked to have seen some hydrocotyle surrounding the wood at the back to give it a real jungle feel to it, as the moss wall looks great wth the wood protruding from it and the anubias but it just needs something there to aid the transition. Very lush pellia too, mine never grew like that, but perhaps I should try again with what I know now from when I did a few years back.

How are the microcrabs to keep then? Easy? What do you feed them?

Thanks, Aaron

very nice llj, :good:
I would of liked to have seen some hydrocotyle surrounding the wood at the back to give it a real jungle feel to it, as the moss wall looks great wth the wood protruding from it and the anubias but it just needs something there to aid the transition. Very lush pellia too, mine never grew like that, but perhaps I should try again with what I know now from when I did a few years back.

How are the microcrabs to keep then? Easy? What do you feed them?

Thanks, Aaron

Thanks, Aaron. I never anticipated that the hydrocotyle would grow so tall, otherwise I would have stuck it near the wood. It was like an inch tall at first. :lol:

Yes, I enjoy the pelia. It is also doing very well in my 36g, so go figure. It is not nearly as demanding as I thought. It would pearl beautifully.

The microcrabs are a mixed bag, but as it was my first try with them, I can forgive some things. I lost quite a few initially, but through a mistake that I made. The three that remained did quite well and I thought I saw an egg sac in one. I had to move the crabs, however, when I dismantled the 8g. I have not seen a crab in the 36g. They hide quite a bit. I do not know if they are alive or not. Have you seen the 36g? It is most definitely a jungle. Good luck trying to find anything in there. I've given up on fauna head counts.

Most reactions

Back