Little White Floaty Specks?

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

Kairi

Fish Addict
Reaction score
i have no idea what this is... and i wouldn't have noticed it but for my husband... yesterday (or the day before) i emptied the carbon out of the filter in Cloud's tank so I could add a little melafix for his fins. I also just barely rinsed the filter in tank water to get some of the gunk and black off. Now there are little white things floating around in the water.... what is it??? I would attempt a picture, but it's pointless, you won't see them.

Tank size: 10 gallon
Current inhabitents: 1 betta fish, 4 snails (although I'm not sure if one is still alive or not)
Ammonia: 0ppm
Nitrites: 0ppm
Nitrates: 10ppm
Temp: 84°
No live plants... only silk.

I think he's also having a cow because he knows the snails are living creatures in his tank with him ... he's just swimming around fast, and he'll stare at them, then swim off and go stare at another one.... what's he doing????

Are they parasites, do they look like very tiny worms.
Also you will have to find the snail if you think it might be dead, as dead snails release toxins into the tank causing fish death.

Just a guess, but could it be small specks of limescale. If yer from the u.k and with our reservoir's running low, could it be silt in our tap water? Like i said just a guess

would the silt be from taking the carbon out of the filter? i put a little bit of melafix in the tank yesterday and took the carbon out of the filter (rinsed it a bit in tank water)... today we see the flecks. i think we're just going to take everyone out of the tank, and clean it out (w/ tank water from the 75 gallon) and put it all back together. hopefully that'll fix whatever it is.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back