Litres = Us Gallons Or Imperial Gallons?

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

baker360360

Fishaholic
Reaction score
When converting litres into gallons is it the imperial or us? 190l = 50 us gallon or 41 imperial?

This confused me as well. 190 Litres is equivalent to both 41 Imperial gallons and 50 US Gallons. However, to my knowledge, when referring to gallons, members are describing tank sizes in US Gallons, otherwise it is described in Litres. (Litres = Liters)

It depends, if you're in the Uk then it's imperial, it's best to work in litres then there's no confusion

I normally will use litres aswell but see gallons written on forums and wanted to know which these are referring to as there's a big difference between us and uk.

Thanks
Also I really need help on my other post ( what lights are these juwel) really Urgent

Will check out your other thread! Yep, it's safe to assume US gallons.

Basically the Brits use litres and the Yanks use gallons. We don't have imperial gallons over here. This is another reason it really helps to include your country location in your profile so it shows up in forum posts.

Consider how many things differ

Litre vs gallon (litre vs liter)
C vs F
Brands of aquarium supplies
Fish Medications available
Courgette vs zucchini
Queen Elizabeth vs Queen Latifah............

We only have regular commoner gallons, nothing in America is Imperial.......

I use gallons as I was brought up on it. I also use ounces when baking rather than grams which is confusing since most recipes are in grams so I have to convert.
I am trying to learn litres but it's difficult to convert when you've been brought up on imperial gallons lol. I'm slowly getting there though. Just like I still use inches not centimetres and it's taking me a little bit to convert there too but I'm slowly managing it.

I know how you feel Paradise, I still use pounds & ounces too, I think in old money as well lol
I have learned to use litres because of the differences between us & imperial gallons

Lillefishy said:
I know how you feel Paradise, I still use pounds & ounces too, I think in old money as well lol
I have learned to use litres because of the differences between us & imperial gallons

Which is why I'm learning to use litres lol. Just learning very slowly hehe.

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back