Liquid Carbon Dosing - Should/how Do I Cut Back Dosage?

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Alm0stAwesome

Fish Aficionado
Reaction score
Hello my fishy friends!

I started dosing liquid carbon (flourish excel) about a week ago. It's working a treat at sorting my staghorn problem and it's all turning red and dying off now. The only problem is that I think I'm seeing signs of melt in my giant vallis. I love this plant and would be distraught if it died on me! Plus I ended up having to pull it all up and replant last night (long story) so I think it'll be feeling a bit delicate. It was growing an insane amount before I added the FE (as I discovered several new, large plants when I pulled it up last night). I've been dosing 4.5ml a day in my Rio180.

Do you have any recommendations for me in regards to either lowering the dose or stopping alltogether, with the latter probably not being an option since I got the staghorn in the first place :rolleyes:

Edit: I don't know if it's worth mentioning but at the same time I started the carbon I upped my TPN+ dose from 3ml/day to 9ml/day. Also, flow is very good in this tank.

Rock beats scissors, liquid carbon melts vallis. Lowering the dosage may reduce the visible effects, but I still don't think it would love you for it....

That is not what I wanted to hear! Thanks for your input though :)

I used it a it's directed dose with Vallis and had no problems.

Hello my fishy friends!

I started dosing liquid carbon (flourish excel) about a week ago. It's working a treat at sorting my staghorn problem and it's all turning red and dying off now. The only problem is that I think I'm seeing signs of melt in my giant vallis. I love this plant and would be distraught if it died on me! Plus I ended up having to pull it all up and replant last night (long story) so I think it'll be feeling a bit delicate. It was growing an insane amount before I added the FE (as I discovered several new, large plants when I pulled it up last night). I've been dosing 4.5ml a day in my Rio180.

Do you have any recommendations for me in regards to either lowering the dose or stopping alltogether, with the latter probably not being an option since I got the staghorn in the first place :rolleyes:

Edit: I don't know if it's worth mentioning but at the same time I started the carbon I upped my TPN+ dose from 3ml/day to 9ml/day. Also, flow is very good in this tank.

Lol

Any joy with the other escapees?

Oh man Peter, check the last update in my journal, they will not escape!

thank ian, yeah stu has as well, should I just wait it out? :/

Most reactions

trending

Back