Lion Fish

macpegg

Fishaholic
Reaction score
My mion fish mainly swims at the top of the tank. Looks like he`s gasping for breath were as the other fish are totally fine, he usually swam around the bottom, and swam against the spray on the outlet of the filter.. Im just concernd incase he is ill.. and if he is how can i solve it, all the readings are fine.. the others eat were he will not, tried different foods, which the others devower, were with him he just lest the food glide past him, he usally ate quite a bit... any help on this pls...
:sad:

Sounds to me like he is sick, but i dont no what it could be. Have u tried talking to ur lfs? Does it have any white spots? Cause it has all the symptoms of ich except for white spots. If so treat him with Copper Sulfate or Copper Formalin medicines or talk to ur lfs, they will probaly no a good treatment.

How big is your tank and what are his tank mates? how long has it been set up? and what type of lion fish is he?
From what I've herd, lion fish are very sensitive and are more prone to disease in declining water conditions. he might have a internal parasite, or he might have ammonia poissening. when you say the reading are fine, what does that exactly mean?
I would add an aeirator to the water, also, look for strange spots or bruses on the lion fish. it could have an external parasite.

The tank m8s, are as follows,

Map Angel
Semi Circular Angel
Wrasse
2 Lion Fish
All in a 6x2x2 tank

The littler of the 2 lions is totally fine, eating well and swimming well.

Ph =8
Amonia =0
KH = 6, which is low
nitrate and Nitrite are normal.
salitinty is ok aswell...

You see what i don`t wanna do id place any chemicals in the water, coz i`ve got a seperate bio filter attached, which is maturing, for my coral setup.. Chemicals with copper kill them, so don`t wanna use chemicals unless i have too.. I suppose i cust use the same water and transfer the fish into a seprate tank to treat... :thumbs:

why not try a fresh water dip and mabey some live goldfish or guppies as an enticeing treat. also you should test for desolved ooxygen.

Opcn

Most reactions

Back