Lighting upgrade and Fluval Roma 125

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
šŸ¶ POTM Poll is Open! šŸ¦Ž Click here to Vote! šŸ°

Sinbad633

Reaction score
I have a Fluval Roma 125L tank which Iā€™m looking to upgrade the 2xT8 tubes in. The problem Iā€™m having is this tank doesnā€™t seem very amenable to this. It has a thick plastic frame around the top and the T8 fitting sits on this.

I was thinking I could put 2x Fluval Aquasky lights in as a straight swap as they will fit into the tube holders. They have had mixed review and it suggests they are only for low to medium light plants which is fine for now but I thought I might like to get add something more demanding in the future and attempt a true carpet. Currently have annubis, Amazon sword, jungle val, bacopa.

I was considering a fluval fresh and plant 2. This would mean having the tank open and the length would mean I would have about 10cm at each end of the tank uncovered by the light section. Would this be a problem or does the light dispense longitudinaly as well? I would have to do something with the covers going forward. Has anyone fitted a fresh and plant onto a Roma 125? Any advice is greatly appreciated.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back