Lighting for Fluval Roma 240

April FOTM Photo Contest Starts Now!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to enter! 🏆

Gypsum

Fishaholic
Reaction score
I successfully moved everyone from the 125L to the 240L, and while they appreciate the space, I don't appreciate the fluorescent tube lights that came with the aquarium. They get really warm and make it difficult to control temperature and do stuff in the tank and not singe yourself.

What lights do people recommend with this tank? The Aquasky? Fluval's newer LED tube lights? Something else? Is there one that doesn't cost three figures?

Have a look at Aquael retro fit Leddy LED tubes.
https://www.aquael.pl/en/produkty/aquaristics/aq-lighting/leddy-tube-retrofit/
They come in 2 types, Plant and Sunny, depending on whether there are live plants in the tank. The tubes have clip on fittings for the ends of the tube which turn them into T8 or T5 fittings (both supplied, they fix to the ends of the plastic sleeves in the photo in the link). Once the end clips are in place, they slot into the original fluorescent tube holders. BUT...... They have their own power supply, the cable for the fluorescent tubes must either be left unplugged or removed.

I have a Fluval Roma 240L aquarium, though mine did come with LED lights. However, I immediately upgraded to the Fluval Aquasky LED 2.0 lights(the 30 watt) and I'm so glad I did. They are fully programmable and some of the lighting effects are awesome.

With the Aquasky and the ones recommended by seangee, do you only need one lighting strip, or do you need two (like the original light has two tubes)?

One should be enough if you get the 30watt version. My tank is quite heavily planted and all my plants are doing really well.

Most reactions

trending

Back