Hello,
My lights (2 x 20w - 24") are currently set up to be on between 4pm and 9pm everyday.
I only run the lights during this 5hr period as that's the main time I'm near the tank and watching the fish.
I have a single java fern and a moss ball in the tank, so think they should be getting enough light.
I've read lots of different threads on here whilst trying to figure out if this is ok both for the plants and the fish but I'd like some feedback to see if I'm doing something wrong. Should I be closer reflecting 'reality' and having the lights on for, say, 12hrs a day? I've read that some river fish are not really fussed either way?
appreciate any thoughts or others current lighting 'routines'.
My lights (2 x 20w - 24") are currently set up to be on between 4pm and 9pm everyday.
I only run the lights during this 5hr period as that's the main time I'm near the tank and watching the fish.
I have a single java fern and a moss ball in the tank, so think they should be getting enough light.
I've read lots of different threads on here whilst trying to figure out if this is ok both for the plants and the fish but I'd like some feedback to see if I'm doing something wrong. Should I be closer reflecting 'reality' and having the lights on for, say, 12hrs a day? I've read that some river fish are not really fussed either way?
appreciate any thoughts or others current lighting 'routines'.







