Lfs Hates Me!

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

I just think it funny to have a whole forum set up to your LFS experiences, and then the minute you say the least little thing bad all of them on on you. In my post I made several comments how I loved the store and the staff, but the people answering the phone needed to be a little bit more knowledgeable. Also, since this lfs is a sponsor of this "new" site, and all my "hate" mail came from employees. Even the moderator agrees with me and I should be able to post what I want, and he asked questions, etc... I answered him and I am waiting on a reply. Other than that the site has been very friendly.

Thanks guys for the support. I thought I was going crazy. I figure this is a new site in the area trying to start up and they don't want to make the sponsor mad. There are other lfs in the area.

I would make it known to the other members what happened... Im sure losing just your business will not hurt them too bad but losing multiple customers will mean something.

There's a LFS in my area that I wont shop from anymore. I didnt like their selection to begin with and then after frequenting and purchasing from them often, the owner started accusing me of stealing small things from them and he wouldnt leave me alone in the store. Their was one situation where he was helping another customer and I was looking at their planted show tank (Which is quite nice although overstocked) and just so happened to be looking at my phone to see what time it was. He asked to see my phone and accused me of taking pictures of his tank... Which I can understand him not wanting pictures of his tank all over the net but come on. I haven't shopped their since, and with 3 others to choose from on my side of town I wont ever go back.
That's nutty! I've never heard of anything like that happening before, although I've been followed in a store, but I think it was because I had a jacket draped over my hands. Some places are so worried, but in a way, I understand. I've worked at an LFS before and at least once a week we would find something opened and taken, but targeting someone is just weird.

bmcelfresh: I hope this all works out for you, but I agree with Birdie's idea, to contact the owner.

[/quote]
That's nutty! I've never heard of anything like that happening before, although I've been followed in a store, but I think it was because I had a jacket draped over my hands. Some places are so worried, but in a way, I understand. I've worked at an LFS before and at least once a week we would find something opened and taken, but targeting someone is just weird.

bmcelfresh: I hope this all works out for you, but I agree with Birdie's idea, to contact the owner.
[/quote]

I agree that its alright as a small business owner to refuse service or even ask a certain question of someone or to someone. That situation just rubbed me the wrong way though. They man isnt really very nice to his younger employees as well and It's just not a great situation.... I work in retail and realize that things happen and people will steal things, but to target someone who has consistently purchased from the store is wrong in my opinion. anything worth stealing wouldnt fit into anyones pockets and I surely have given them far more business than a small item could cost. The whole camera phone incident is what threw me over the edge though... It's just too much to accuse someone of taking a picture when you didnt see anything.

All of the posts that were ugly were from staff at this store. Yes, the owner was one of them. His post was not unpleasant, and asked me next time to contact him directly. If the posts are still available you can check them out yourself. Actually, I think I was very nice. www.chasreefers.org

Again, I have never traded a fish in my life. Just keep buying more tanks :lol: I understand that this is a customer perk and they do not have to take my fish, but the people answering the phone need to be as knowledgeable as the people working the floor. Don't you agree? First impression means the most!

FYI: The moderator and I have been personally chatting, and he seems to be very nice, and agrees with me. However, with this being a new site he cannot afford to loose the sponsor.

yea i know some fish store scare me a little i go there like every week, even though they are at the counter the planted tanks are in the back, i would look one lttle stem of plant, and buy somethin esle and walk away, but i have a feeling that they are suspecting me of stealing so when i go in they ask me do you need anyhelp i say im looking for shippment of plants, they know me since i usually go there, LFS around me they all know me, one time i went into the petland store and took off my bookbag and was looking at shells, it was very hot so i took it off, they thought i was stealing, man they always give you the strangest looks

the cell phone threw me off too,

when you go to a place alot they will think ur stealing something i would feel the same way but at least i buy something esle while stealing, yes it bad but sometime i do it, im jus 16

I would remove that site vancouver not allowed to put other forums on.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back