Less Disruption

🐠 May TOTM Voting is Live! 🐠
FishForums.net Tank of the Month!
🏆 Click here to Vote! 🏆

juliehainsworth

Fish Herder
Reaction score
Ok my Chinese algae eaters are going to have to go at the weekend and I've figured that they're not going to be the most coperative fish to catch in the tank!

So what is the best way to get these fish without disturbing the others too much?

Use two nets and herd them into one with the other. Try and remove as much of the tank decor (bogwood / rocks etc) as possible before hand.

They aren't horrible fish, they're just not the fish you want. Don't call them horrible jut because you didn't research them BEFORE you bought them.

Use two nets and herd them into one with the other. Try and remove as much of the tank decor (bogwood / rocks etc) as possible before hand.

They aren't horrible fish, they're just not the fish you want. Don't call them horrible jut because you didn't research them BEFORE you bought them.

Thanks for the advice! Sorry to have offended you! I was after Ottos andthe LFS had sold out and recomended these fish as being just as good for the community tank and had them labelled as Golden Weather loaches! At the time of purchase I did not have internet access and was unaware that they were not what I was told they were! It has been a long time since I've read up on fish so just went on what I was told by the LFS. I now know that I shouldn't believe everything they tell me.

I have always found, when trying to catch pretty much any fish, is to be patient and move slowly.

I'll give anything ago! Not sure whether or not to put them in a breeding trap until the weekend? But it might be a bit cramped for them I have a trap which was meant for two pregnant fish which is pretty large but I feel mean having three 3" fish in there after all they chase each other around the tank like mad! But I also don't want to risk them doing any damage to my fish either! So having a moral dilema

Most reactions

Back