Lemon tetra

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

I think they will be fine in my water (13dgh) just got to see if i can dim the tank some what. My new dark back ground as helped a little tbf but i now have light coloured play sand and my lights are quite bright. Ive ordered some floating plants but these havent lasted too long so far.

is there anything else you can do to dim light? would tanning the water with almond leaves work do you think?
Depending on what type of light you have.. maybe some window tint on the plastic/glass cover?

Depending on what type of light you have.. maybe some window tint on the plastic/glass cover?
I saw this the other night, its a good idea that! Thanks for suggesting it :good:

With my lights unfortuntely its got no cover under them to do this. Some others have wrapped electrical tape round their lights like a candy stick effect to help dim things. Not sure how safe that is tho.

I'd be worried about heat build up. If this is the same tank where you posted the water lettuce pics your lights are filtered enough :cool:

I'd be worried about heat build up. If this is the same tank where you posted the water lettuce pics your lights are filtered enough :cool:
yeah i was looking for ideas more as a back up plan to help dim the lights if the floating plants didnt take off. Ive also now decided im sticking to the first plan of a barb tank and not the Tetras i was diming the lights for :)

Last edited:
Tinting has been mentioned...this can cause trouble for plants, depending upon the resulting light colours. Spectrum is critical for plants, and if this tint blocked say red, or distorted it, the plants might struggle and even die.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back