Leleupi

April FOTM Photo Contest Starts Now!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to enter! 🏆

kribensis12

I know where you live
Reaction score
At a local fish auction, I bought 3 Leleupi for 17 bucks (good deal). I believe that I have one male and two females due to size and color. I will post a video later. Does anyone have any helpful hints on keeping and breeding these guys? I would sure appreciate it.

Ad Konings -
suggests 100cm tank, 150ltrs

also read on a cichlid link a while back that it's sometimes best to remove the male after spawning, small plant pots hidden in rockwork seems to work :good:

http://www.cichlid-forum.com/profiles/species.php?id=1671

http://www.riftlakes.com/cichlids/neolamprologus_leleupi_e.html

:fish:

Well, I put up some more rockwork 2 days ago, and some plastic plants. The male is bullying both females. They aren't hurt, but the don't stay near the bottom of the tank. Is there anything else I can do?

Small plant pots and caves that are hopefully to small for the male to enter :unsure:

There is a video. It shows the amount of rock work I have, and how the male continues to bully them. Any advice?

Looks like a territory issue, looks like he thinks he owns the whole tank bottom. You could add rocks at either end and make them higher, even adding a single pile near the middle to break the line of sight, I would remove all fish then remove all rocks and then rearrange the tank, your aiming at individual rock piles rather than them all being scattered over the bottom, it might help, :unsure:
On another note, are you 100% sure that it's a trio you have ?

Well, it sure looks like it. The size difference is pretty gigantic. i was told that when they are adults, the females will be at least an inch smaller. I'm going to wait another day to see if they work out territory's on their own. I came down this morning and the females weren't hiding in the corner, so that may mean they now have a little space.

I fixed it. A little bit of DIY and creativity and I made a second level to the tank so the females can swim up to hide if they want. Here is a video to shop you how much better they are getting a long. And a picture to show the second level.

015-18.jpg

Most reactions

trending

Back