Led Lights And Plant Growth

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

The Duke

Fish Crazy
Reaction score
Hi I have seen the following in eBay......

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Aquarium-Tank-Clip-Lamp-White-Blue-96-LED-Clamp-Light-/270729447265?pt=UK_Pet_Supplies_Fish&hash=item3f08bb8761#ht_4769wt_1039

What is the consensus on LED lights do they offer enough "bright" light and do plants respond to them?

I have a planted Marineland 27 cube tank that is approx 20" deep with a double bright LED light, and my plants are growing like weeds, even the plants that I was told most likely wouldn't do well, are holding their own and growing. Not sure that a regular bright LED light would be sufficiant for a deep tank, but I think it would be for a regular tank.

Ok so would this LED light offer more light than a conventional two tube light each tube being 14w?

I mainly have easy care plants such as java ferns, anubias, crypts etc.
I have overhead clip led lights, (Beamswork) & my plants are doing well.
My Anubias has just flowered in my 60 litre, & one in my 80 looks like it's going to as well)

The tank I am looking at putting LEDs on is 100 litre. About 18 inches deep. The light has 96 LEDs. What do you think?

well thanks for the link i have just bought one. Can't go wrong for £40!

FYI as well, this is going on my 80cm tank and should be fine, as LEDS tend to spread light well. I expect it would be fine for you 100ltr. I have been afetr one of these for ages, but couldn't be bothered to wait for one to come from China.

Fancy goldfish uk are selling the beamworks range of LED systems. Similar one to the link I posted above is £20 more and with less lights.

i have actually just had a word around about these LED's and they are quite low light. They will grow plants, but will grow them slowly.

the ones you linked to first. They aren't actually as high output as they claim. They will grow plants though.

Not sure how they can falsely advertise? Have you spoken to someone who has these lights?

i have had a word with George Farmer, he has used these over a fluval edge (46ltr) and use the PAR meter and they weren't as powerful.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back