Leaking Emergency

Rex740

Fish Addict
Joined
Feb 24, 2007
Messages
907
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Location
Florida
Hey, I have got a major problem. For the summer I have been in Israel for vacation with my parents. I have been here for 3 weeks already and my dad went back to our house last week. My dad had just notified me that there is a leak somewhere on my 48 gallon tank. He never really cared about my fish hobby so he is clueless. He said he can't find the leak since the tank is so large. I can't go home until 3 weeks from now. I don't know what to do and he doesn't. He said he thinks he is going to relocate the fish somewhere and that my only fish tank is garbage now and he might get rid of it. I need help. Not just my only tank but he has nothing to do with fish, he might put them in a bucket for the next 3 weeks or give them away. I need advice on what to do and quick. Currently he has no time today to do anything so he just added water and put towels around the tank. Thank you.
 
Do you have a LFS who might sort them out for a fee? Or a pet service? I know there are co.s that do tank maintenance here in the UK and the US always seems to be ahead of us on that sort of thing. It would cost, but would be worth it IMO.
 
ok. right. get your dad to put fin the crack and put some very strong tape - duct tape maybe over it. if the crack is high up enough, get him to lower the water level below the crack - make sure he keeps the heater and filter below water level too. if it turns out the fish are in danger if left in the tank, get your dad to put them in as big a bucket or tub as he can with water from the tank, the heater and the filter. i'm sure someone elso here has more advice. don't worry :good:
 
Hi Rex740 :)

I would suggest getting in touch with a local aquarium club if there is one in your area. They are usually helpful people and there could well be a member with an extra tank who can house your fish until you return. Try an internet search and send a few emails.

I hope you get the help you need.
 

Most reactions

Back
Top