Last One To Post Here Wins

🐠 May TOTM Voting is Live! 🐠
FishForums.net Tank of the Month!
🏆 Click here to Vote! 🏆

Status
Not open for further replies.
TallTree01 said:
I thought we agreed the execution of that suspension was irresponsible and hypocritical.

No, you agreed.  No one else was a part of that agreement.  

This page is nullified, you'll be eligible on page 242 now.

Continuing to post during your suspension from the thread.  The suspension doesn't really start until you start to serve, you know.  
whistling.gif

TallTree01 said:
AHA!

No capital letters mid-sentence, except for proper nouns.

As it's your first offence, I am inclined to be lenient, and therefore ban you from this thread for 2 posts.

And THAT, my friend, is your proof. Oh, yes.
To be fair, an ' and ' should not come after a comma.
tongue2.gif
Which means you lose!

See Paradise, TT falsely corrected TLM's comma usage.  A comma before a conjunction separating two independent clauses is proper comma usage.  It is not a necessary usage, but using it is correct.  I posted a link to a site regarding proper comma usage and quoted the relevant rule.

Just policing this thread.  There's been some rampant poor grammar and misspellings recently.  It's a crime against the English language, regardless of the continent on which you live - and these crimes will no longer go unpunished!   
superhero.gif

TallTree01 said:
I thought the suspension was only of me winning not posting.
I suppose we could do that, but we'd have to extend the duration, as your posts will push the thread forward continually, bringing a quicker end to the suspension....

Present your case before the court:

bth_judge.gif

It is illegal in Australian grammar to have a comma before a conjunction. I was simply instructing the way I myself was instructed, this is why the ban is wrong.

Your suspension was well deserved though. There is a difference you see.

TallTree01 said:
It is illegal in Australian grammar to have a comma before a conjunction. I was simply instructing the way I myself was instructed, this is why the ban is wrong.

I provided proof that TLM's post was grammatically accurate when declaring the sentence.  In order for your appeal to be upheld, you must provide similar proof from an Australian source.  It must be reputable, and not a wiki. ;)

It works fine for me you need to scroll down to ' punctuation ' section.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Most reactions

Back