Larger Groups

shortymet55

Fishaholic
Joined
Sep 23, 2007
Messages
468
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Location
Maryland
If you all look at my stocking below, you will notice Im pretty full in my 29g tank, but I really want to add more rasboras to fill the group out a bit more. Can I push my stocking to include more Rasboras? If so, how many? I also have 3m/3f cherry barbs. Can I add a few more females to make a better ratio? Again, how many?

I have a Whisper 30 filter, but Im adding an Aquaclear 30 also, so plenty of filtration.

Thanks
 
If you all look at my stocking below, you will notice Im pretty full in my 29g tank, but I really want to add more rasboras to fill the group out a bit more. Can I push my stocking to include more Rasboras? If so, how many? I also have 3m/3f cherry barbs. Can I add a few more females to make a better ratio? Again, how many?

I have a Whisper 30 filter, but Im adding an Aquaclear 30 also, so plenty of filtration.

Thanks


Although many will say overstocked tanks are completely out of the question, and depending on how well you maintain your tanks it may be a bad idea, but it is possible provided you do regular and adequate water changes. A handful of extra rasboras wont be that much more biological demand on the tank or filtration, so it should be ok. Just dont go overboard, because any negative impact on your tank could be that much worse, and more fish will be threatened.

ALSO: those angels could start to get big, an upgraded tank may be in order down the road depending on how big they are right now...

If you want to add to both groups, I would do so with extreme caution, and add 2 F cherry barb and 4 rasbora MAX. This assumes that your tank maintainence is PERFECT.
 

Most reactions

Back
Top