L Numbers For Sale

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

i would love them mate, but the missus has banned me from spending money on any more fish especially plecos, she says i have too many now :angry:

thats why i offered the trade, that way if you agreed i could sweet talk her round by not spending anything, and then take her to bicester village on the way back :hey: maybe pop into world of water over there but i think that may be pushing it abit :hyper:

Ive already had my holiday this year in cornwall lol

I'll give it until saturday, then theyre off to P@H :(

Ive already had my holiday this year in cornwall lol

I'll give it until saturday, then theyre off to P@H :(

#41#### it, i'm off back up london visiting relatives in a few weeks via the a303, any chance you could hold 'til then? or book another hol' lol!

dooooonnnnn'''ttt send the poor guys to P@H!!
Every fish i've ever bought from there died :( even the bloody apple snails!
Do not sentence them to death :(

They are too wonderful :(
You'd honestly have better odds of them living if you posted them out to someone.... hmmm... say.... me ;)

if things didn't work out with umbee1, i'd still love to have them.

If some friendly member would help me on how to post them and if you obviously covered costs of materials and postage i'll happily post them :)

I've never posted, but i've recieved 30+ fish by post. They have to be posted in a poly box, usually with heat packs (although i have no idea were you get those), each individually double bagged, but it'd have to be BIG bags for plecos their size, and some people post with "bag buddies" which are little tablets that turn the water blue and help reduce stress, increase oxygen etc. They're only cheap on the internet, and if you did decide you felt comfortable posting, I'd cover the cost of those too as an extra safe measure.
Just enough water in the bag for the fish, with LOTS of air grabbed into th bag (don't breathe into it to fill it with air as this is putting mostly exhaled CO2 into the bag!).
It depends if you feel comfortable doing it though, if you don't I fully understand.
Oh, and postage method depends on the poster, whether it's royal mail 1st class, or guaranteed next day signed for, or via a different 24 hour courier. I've had them delivered by all different methods happily, but if you send by royal mail i'd go for guaranteed next day, which is a bit more expensive but worth it, as first class is taking 2+ days lately!
erm... and if you do post, write "LIVE FISH" in huge letters on every side of the box, with big "THIS WAY UP" arrows. I've only ever had 1 lot of posted fish die, and they arrived smothered in white spot with no "LIVE" marking anywhere on the parcel.

Shame, i live down in Bicester, but onyl problem is i dont like plecos coz they produce so much poop! :D

World of Water down here would be a far better place to offload them if you dont mind the drive. [email protected]! :>

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back