L.e.d. Lighting

Ps3Steveo

Planted Experimentalist
Reaction score
I'm switching from the eclipse lighting on my ARC's to LED, my 60 litre currently has an 18W light but i want to up that to around 24W is this as simple as getting 8x3W LED's or is there a different way to work it out with LED's? I'm fine with the electrical side of it as its my trade but in terms of going for higher light than I have I just want to make sure. I know the WPG rule doesn't really apply but now I have about 1.4ish WPG as the substrate is deep, really I want about 1.8 - 2WPG. Oh and the reason I'm doing this is I want an even spread of light too as after the recent rescape my wood and needle fern over shadows some HC and I want to get this sorted before it goes brown and dies.

8 would be overkill in my opinion, even 6 was too much for my 60 litre. 4 would probably be sufficient.

Aye, the advantage with LED's is that the power in is a lot less for the light that comes out. So if you put 24W over it it'll be a whole lot brighter than a 24W fluorescent.

For me this has been the headache with working out what to put up.

SBS why too much for your 60? What problems did you have? I have 2 over a 1 litre pico at the mo and the HC is spreading like wild fire and pearling daily with liquid CO2.

Most reactions

Back