Kribs Or Paradise Fish

LongS

Fishaholic
Joined
Nov 6, 2008
Messages
456
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Location
Corby
Hello, im looking for a bit of advice on Kribs or Paradise fish being kept with Guppies and mountain minnows.

At present i have 6 guppies and 4 mountain minnows in my elite 95 heated tank. 24-25 degrees. (soon to be 7 minnows when others are quarantined.)

Does anybody keep these fish together? or even both together? I have heard that they can be aggressive, but also heard the opposite.


Longshlong
 
I wouldn't risk it. Kribs and paradise fish both grow big enough to eat guppies and WCMM. If you want a feature fish in the tank, try one of the more peaceful gouramis like a leeri (lace/pearl) or a dwarf.
 
Hmmm seen them in the shop today, so i suppose they are a possibility.

The guy in the shop said paradise fish are a bit aggressive but sugggested a krib. But then again i don't pay any attention to what they say as i have heard them giving very bad advice in the past.

I saw some Dwarf neon Rainbows in the shop today but they seemed expensive. £5 each.

Anyone suggest any interesting center piece fish?
 
Those fish have a bit of a different water temperature requirement. WCMM and Paradise fiah prefer cooler water, but I wouldn't call it a show stopper. In most cases these fish are kept at 78F or so in most LFS, so they most likely will do fine.
Kribs are nice, but I would be a bit cauitous as the kribs may become a bit nippy towards the guppies. I wouldn't mix paradise fish with the guppies as paradise can be very nippy ( as mentioned above ).
I am not familair with the Elite tanks, so I am not sure on the size of your tank. How many gallons is your tank?
 
Oh yeah sorry it is 95 litre. I think i will definetly stay away from paradise fish, i've just read some horror stories!

So still looking for something interesting, What are the firemouths like? Someone mentioned one of them to me in the shop.
 
Well with Guppies and minnows you are restricted to certain cichlids. Some good cichlid tank mates for those fish would be Rams, keyholes, and angels ( angels may be a bit nippy towards the guppies though ). Firemouths would be too aggressive for what fish you alrady have, and need a bit bigger tank.
 
Ok thanks i think i might research rams and keyholes. But i'm going to keep an eye out for something in the meantime. I think some black phantom tetras might be on the menu... they look nice.
 
What Kribs and Paradise fish? Or the phantoms? please share
 

Most reactions

Back
Top