Kribensis

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tropical_Fish

Fishaholic
Joined
Jun 24, 2009
Messages
423
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Location
Staffordshire
Just seen a fish I like the look of which is a:

Kribensis

Don't know much about them but is my tank big enough for a couple of them? I believe 2 males are OK to keep together?

My tank is 70 litres approx 20 us gallons

I don't have anything else but was planning a few cobra guppies and a handful of shoaling fish
 
That's a bit cheeky :lol:


I had tried google first but got conflicting advice - I've found the advice from this site to be more valuable


Some say 20 gallons others say 30 gallons

Some say they need a minimum of 24" of length to the tank
 


Have to agree was a little rude, people come on here for answers, if everyone used google there would be no TFF, if you dont know, by-pass the question and let others answer it instead, if you dont want to help people then this is the wrong place for you.


To the OP someone apparently is trying to breed them in a 90 litre and people thought that was plenty, his tank was cubed sahpe aswell, so if you have a normal shaped tank and it's 70ltr i would say that was plenty.
 
Typical arrogant, Cockney. I bet you’re a Man U fan to boot…
Ask a simple question get a patronising answer. Has your mother ever told you if you’ve got nothing nice to say don’t say anything? Have you ever read a book or do you relay all of your knowledge through Google.

How did you find this site and why?
 
I bred mine successfully in an overfiltered 60l - with a BN as a tank mate it was 2ft long though. I'd say this was an absolute minimum though and if you want tank mates then bigger would be required.
 
The forum has search features and kribensis are a very popular fish which have been extensively studied, indeed I have never owned this species but there are thousands of people who have. I was refferring the member to a resource which some members seem to completely neglect. I could of phrased my post in a more appropriate manner but the information was conveyed.

Typical arrogant, Cockney. I bet you’re a Man U fan to boot…
Ask a simple question get a patronising answer. Has your mother ever told you if you’ve got nothing nice to say don’t say anything? Have you ever read a book or do you relay all of your knowledge through Google.
How did you find this site and why?

Nah I am a rugby fan actually. My mother always told me to speak my mind and point out the obvious to those whom neglect to see it. I have read a lot of books, in fact I prefer them to the internet when conducting academic research. The internet is however an infinite resource and effective to not only find caresheets written by hobbyists (which are at the surface of the first few result pages) but also scientific journals outlining the exact conditions these cichlids require, in their natural environment and the laboratory experiments that have been conducted upon them. I found this site through google, did the URL for this website come to you in a dream or did you use a similar method to find it?
 
The forum has search features and kribensis are a very popular fish which have been extensively studied, indeed I have never owned this species but there are thousands of people who have. I was refferring the member to a resource which some members seem to completely neglect. I could of phrased my post in a more appropriate manner but the information was conveyed.

Typical arrogant, Cockney. I bet you’re a Man U fan to boot…
Ask a simple question get a patronising answer. Has your mother ever told you if you’ve got nothing nice to say don’t say anything? Have you ever read a book or do you relay all of your knowledge through Google.
How did you find this site and why?

Nah I am a rugby fan actually. My mother always told me to speak my mind and point out the obvious to those whom neglect to see it. I have read a lot of books, in fact I prefer them to the internet when conducting academic research. The internet is however an infinite resource and effective to not only find caresheets written by hobbyists (which are at the surface of the first few result pages) but also scientific journals outlining the exact conditions these cichlids require, in their natural environment and the laboratory experiments that have been conducted upon them. I found this site through google, did the URL for this website come to you in a dream or did you use a similar method to find it?


I personally feel youve gone abit off topic m8, look at google and see conflicting advic/information.... the OP had said this themselves... caresheets yes!!!...hobbyist yes!! but this forum will give expert advice now, not from a carsheet they may have been written 6 years ago.... you gain far more experience by people in the know and who better to ask than current keepers/current breeders of this fish at this present time.

As mentioned m8 if you dont know dont answer simple..... leave it to people who are actually breeding or keeping these fish right now... you mentioned a search fuction, yes!!! well if thats how you want to use the forum then so be it... i personally dont mind answering questions that have been asked before and tbh ive noticed you dont either when shrimp are involved.. so why such a negative approach to someone elses question?

many threads are turning like this where people just cant help been a little rude when a simple question is asked... just why?
 
I know i am probably not one to talk, but please if you want to argue do it via the pm option or exchange phone numbers and hail each other with vicious insults! :hyper:

back to the question. before the topic gets locked.
 
Sorry to cause friction amongst the forum!

I took no offence from saltynay's post, I took it in humor, and explained that I had already tried that, but if you look at just the first page of results you can see conflicting advice just in the intro text from google.

Saltynay has helped me out on other topics

I probably should have done more of a search on here...

Meguro - thanks for the link that is perfect information - and I didn't realise that resource existed and will now use it more.

Thank you everyone! :cool:
 
Don't worry about it Tropical_fish it was obviously all my fault that it turned into a faeces throwing contest.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Most reactions

Back
Top