🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

CaptainBarnicles

Moderate Pleco Tolerator
Staff member
Global Moderator ⚒️
Tank of the Month 🏆
Pet of the Month 🎖️
Reaction score
I'm exposing my awful photography here, sorry in advance! I asked for a pair but I think these are both female... What do you think?

Attachments

• IMG_20210408_173535.jpg
    IMG_20210408_173535.jpg
    231.8 KB · Views: 75
Hey! Kribensis are a African Dwarf Cichlid - so they would go in the African/Old World Cichlid section.

That being said - the bottom one is most certainly a female. If I were a betting man - I would also say the top is. At that size the males body would be a bit more torpedo shaped and the fins would begin to elongate - this fish is still pretty "boxy" and the finds are very rounded. Only time would tell for sure, but I am confident it's a female too.

Oops! ? Should I move it?
I would agree, it was difficult to see in the shop and they had no colour on them until I got them home. I noticed earlier one was picking on the other so I'll have to exchange one I think

Oops! ? Should I move it?
I would agree, it was difficult to see in the shop and they had no colour on them until I got them home. I noticed earlier one was picking on the other so I'll have to exchange one I think

I would return and exchange. There is no guarantee that a male will pair but in my experience, Kribs are not too picky about their mates.

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back