Knight Goby

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Weiro792

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
Anyone know much about these little fish? I was wondering if they would bother my Peacock Gudgeons? I have a heavily planted 55 gallon.

"A soft, sandy substrate is ideal for this species. Also provide lots of caves, nooks and crannies where it can lurk and form territories. Although commonly found in freshwater in nature, this goby appears to do better with the addition of salt to around 1/4 marine strength (1.005sg) in the aquarium. Saying that though, this species has also been kept with great success in hard, alkaline freshwater. It will be more active and visible during daylight hours if you provide dim lighting."

"Temperature: 68-78°F (20-26°C)

pH: 7.0-8.5

Hardness: 10-20°H"

"An unfussy goby that will accept most dried, frozen and live foods. It also enjoys some vegetable matter in its diet and will often browse on green algae if it is present in the aquarium."

"Don’t try to keep it with much smaller species as it will eat anything it can fit in its mouth. It may also nip the fins of slow-moving or long-finned species. Ideal tankmates are other hardwater or brackish species that inhabit different levels of the aquarium, such as archer fish, chromides, rainbowfish, Monos, Chanda sp. etc. Do not combine it with other territorial species that inhabit the bottom of the aquarium such as many cichlids or there may be some aggression. It can be kept in groups but is also territorial towards conspecifics, so ensure that you provide plenty of hiding places if you do want to keep a few."

More here >>> http://www.seriouslyfish.com/species/stigmatogobius-sadanundio/

I have Finke Gobies which are chirpy but territorial on the bottom of the tank. They don't seem to go after anything else in the tank. I feed them a pureed mix of equal parts green peas, prawn and fish fillet.

Thanks sawickib, I did quite a bit of googling on them but was wanting some personal experience... I also decided to go with Stiphodon atropurpureus (Blue Neon Goby) instead since they're less likely to eat my pygmy cory cats.

tunagirll said:
I have Finke Gobies which are chirpy but territorial on the bottom of the tank. They don't seem to go after anything else in the tank. I feed them a pureed mix of equal parts green peas, prawn and fish fillet.

I've never heard of those. Are they hard to find?

Finke Gobies are rare, they are only found inthe Finke River NT, I keep them for conservation :)

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back