Kind Of An Odd Question

TylerFerretLord

g͝e͠ek҉
Joined
Jun 20, 2007
Messages
1,692
Reaction score
25
Points
0
Location
Long Island, NY
I plan on tearing down my tank to replace the substrate with sand and to remove the undergravel filter finally. I was wondering if a fish could be safely kept in a pot for an hour or so? I don't have another tank sh can go in, and I need the bucket to dump the water out.
 
I would say no mare than an hour or so, and it would prob be good to have a small heater running to make sure the temp won't drop too much. It shouldn't drop... but I worry about that kind of stuff, so better to be safe than sorry. But otherwise, they should be fine, just put a lid over it and in the dark they should ok.
 
I plan on tearing down my tank to replace the substrate with sand and to remove the undergravel filter finally. I was wondering if a fish could be safely kept in a pot for an hour or so? I don't have another tank sh can go in, and I need the bucket to dump the water out.


Depends really on how many fish. Myself I'd remove the fish into a pot each and then have an airstone running into each pot to ensure their alright. But that's just me, you should be able to keep the fish in a pot for an hour or 2, but try to save as much (atleast 50%) of the original tank water so you don't start a mini-cycle and kill your fish.
 
if it's only the one fish then you should be fine, just add the airstone or bubbler (if u got one) and it should work out no problem. Like I said though, try to save atleast 50% of the water.
 
Should be fine for an hour without an airstone or heater- if you think about it, we bring fish home in plastic bags from the lfs, they are transported to the lfs in bags or similar (doubtless longer than an hour), if you buy fish online they arrive in bags. In a normal home, temperature won't drop that much in an hour- I often have the heater off in the tank for an hour for maintenance. Just make sure the fish can't jump.
 
All sand whether aquarium sand or industrial sand must be cleaned before adding it into your tank, more so industrial. Make sure your filter is off when you add the sand.
 

Most reactions

Back
Top