Killi's

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Bookmarked this thread myself. I'm wanting to keep Killis in the future but until then, this is a lot of good info to read up on. :D I've just got to work out where to put them.

I would like to get killies but to be honest I don't really want them if they are going to be a challenge to keep. Some of the fish that I already have are quite enough. Maybe when I get a bit more time I will get some. At the moment I have school exams :-(

i would say their a challenge, but all depends on what species you get i'm getting 1 of the easy species lol as these are only my 1st actual proper keeping of killi's i use to keep 2 other kinds but i didn't know alot about them and they still lived in my community tank.

these are supposidly for begginers

:good:

I purchased some Killi eggs from Ebay, and it was a while ago and they got posted to me on a day when it was snowing and there was ice on the ground! Even then I managed to hatch half of them and I have almost half males which is handy. I got Gardneri as I read they were a good species to start with, some species are really easy and some harder to breed.

As long as you have small live food for the babies, I used BBS mainly, you'll be fine. I think hatching them from eggs was far more interesting than just buying the fish from the LFS too.

Ebay is a good source, as long as you look at the sellers feedback and ask plenty of questions you should be fine.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back