Khuli Loaches Ok With Betta?

ChilliPepper

Fish Gatherer
Joined
Oct 1, 2008
Messages
2,133
Reaction score
0
Points
0
I'd like to get something to put in my hexagonal tank with my Betta. I was thinking about 5 Khuli loaches as they look pretty cool.

Would they be OK? If not, would they be OK in my 190L, with the fish listed in my signature? And also, if not, what else could go in the hex tank with my Betta?
 
a 21L is too small for a group of khuli's, I dont know if there would be any problems in your 190L with your current stocking, however the need sand as they like to hide/burrow
 
5.5 gallons US, id get 1-2 kuhlis maybe 3 tops and the betta, Kuhlis dont grow fast at all. They are 100% compatible with bettas, they are also 100% compatible with the 190L mates.

Nothing really bothers em but I do think they might pick off some of the shrimp, but for the 190L get atleast 5 of em. They need a pecking order to thrive in captivity.
 
Thanks, I don't suppose they'd increase the bio load much? I think I'll get 5 for my big tank then, think 3 is too small a number.

Any suggestions on what I could put in my Bettas tank? What about some small shrimp species like Cherry?
 

Most reactions

Back
Top