karenparkes
New Member
- Joined
- Sep 1, 2006
- Messages
- 9
- Reaction score
- 0
- Points
- 0
My apple snail is CRAZY!
I have had him a couple of months now. He started off in a Biorb and has now been moved to a 4ft tank. In the Biorb he used to climb up the side of the bowl and just let go...crashing down to the substrate below. I thought at first it was an accident but I kept seeing him do it. He has damaged his shell as a result, there is a hole on one side but he is still going strong.
When I moved him to the 4ft tank i thought he might calm down, but....No! I just caught him climb up to the filter outlet and let go...he rode the current to the other end of the tank then making a smooth landing on the fine gravel. He has climbed over teh filter before and must have realised that if he lets go the current takes him for a ride.
Is he mad or is there something wrong with him?!
Also, is there anything I can do to help him fix his shell?
I have had him a couple of months now. He started off in a Biorb and has now been moved to a 4ft tank. In the Biorb he used to climb up the side of the bowl and just let go...crashing down to the substrate below. I thought at first it was an accident but I kept seeing him do it. He has damaged his shell as a result, there is a hole on one side but he is still going strong.
When I moved him to the 4ft tank i thought he might calm down, but....No! I just caught him climb up to the filter outlet and let go...he rode the current to the other end of the tank then making a smooth landing on the fine gravel. He has climbed over teh filter before and must have realised that if he lets go the current takes him for a ride.
Is he mad or is there something wrong with him?!
Also, is there anything I can do to help him fix his shell?
Not sure about the hole though. Make sure he gets plenty of veggies.
he actually crawls out of the water and munches on the algae growing on my lid
then freefalls back into the tank







