• kaahkakelli.jpg
    kaahkakelli.jpg
    29 KB · Views: 43
Kuisma, one of their brothers

Attachments

• koo2.jpg
    koo2.jpg
    34.8 KB · Views: 49
Kaakao, their sister, showing vertical stripes and ready to mate. Kaakao means cocoa, she has some chocolate colour in her body.

Attachments

• kaakao.jpg
    kaakao.jpg
    32.1 KB · Views: 43
I wish she would be a bit older now so I could breed her. She is ready to mate, but she is so tiny. Her tummy is big though and the white egg depositor is showing all the time.

Attachments

• kaakao2.jpg
    kaakao2.jpg
    13.4 KB · Views: 46
Your bettas are absolutely gorgeous....I don't know what else to say, the colors are just amazing....I think it's the black that does it, very very nice! :thumbs:

Thanks =)

I am amazed how they have so many different color variations. Black & red, black & blue, red with black edges, chocolate & red, red, cambodian red... They are mutts, but they have lots of potential. Kelli's curly fin veins are weird, even his ventral fins are curly.

But Käähkä is my favourite, black devil :wub:

There are two smaller ones that seem to be females and they are going to be like Käähkä or Kelli, so they will be their mates. I just hope that I will find matching females from some place. I don't feel comfortable breeding siblings.

OMG!!

There is a marble bodied one too. He has transparent edges in his fins, some white in his anal, dorsal and pelvic fins, some red in his anal and caudal fins and blue iridescence(?) in all of his fins and lots of black and his head has some marble flesh coloration. He looks like he was dipped in different colors :D

marble2.jpg

marble3.jpg

Attachments

• marble.jpg
    marble.jpg
    19.4 KB · Views: 48
I just counted my babies and there are 6 males and 4 females (I accidentally killed the fifth one) and two little ones. I have separated almost all of the bigger ones so I hope the smallest will start growing faster. But I wish there were more females.

Males: 2xred with black fin edges, red, black&red, black devil and this marble one. Females are all red, one with chocolate body, two with black fin edges and one rather pale. I hope that they all really are females.

They are now 3 months old and so beautiful :wub:

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back