Juwel Rio 180 Lighting

Fishywoowoos

Reaction score
The other day my lighting stopped working, I am unsure if there is a way to fault find where exactly the fault is, have read that there is a lot of problems with the Juwel lighting unit itself or it could possible just be blown bulbs.

I don't want to spend out about £20.00 on new bulbs if the unit itself is gone and then be stuck with a faulty lighting unit and 2 bulbs which I cannot use.

So was curious if there was a way to find out exactly where the fault is without having to buy new bulbs to eliminate that possibility

As mentioned before I have a Juwel 180 Rio the tank is approximately 5 years old and bulbs around a year old also the bulbs are T8, the bulbs don't flicker or anything they are just completely dead. 

I have changed fuse and tried different plug sockets but if anyone has any other suggestions would be much appreciated.

Many thanks in advance for any advise anyone can give.

It would be only a guess from me but you would be very unlucky for both bulbs to blow at once due to age do the unit have a ballast?

Hmm yes you are right that would be strange for both bulbs to fail at same time...

yes it does have a ballast but is a sealed unit so to get into it would have to cut into the plastic casing and reseal the unit which am a bit dubious about doing :)

my guess would say its that it could only be the fuse, ballast or bulbs.

On Juwel units if either bulb fails or comes loose both lights stop working. Check for bulbs coming loose before proceeding.

When my Juwel light unit failed like this, I took it to local fish shop who swapped bulbs one by one and found one of my tubes had died.

Most reactions

Back